Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Brake Hold While on Incline Works Differently Than ICE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry man, but any car does exactly that: if you're off the accelerator, your car will roll freely downwards. It's the equivalent of pressing the clutch in a manual car, and being surprised after 2 blocks that if you press the accelerator and release the clutch, you will be going backwards because you were still in reverse gear.

Obviously it's operator error if you decide to not switch gear into D and roll 2 blocks downwards.
I don't understand why people are disagreeing with this and your subsequent similar statement. It seems like Tesla owners are the equivalent of armchair quarterbacks for cars, vocal about strong opinions in spite of a complete lack of experience. I've never owned a manual and I still turned off creep mode the day I received my X. Sadly, most of my complaints about the X make me think that the engineers and software developers Tesla hires don't have any more car experience/history than these vocal owners.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricSteve
I don't understand why people are disagreeing with this and your subsequent similar statement. It seems like Tesla owners are the equivalent of armchair quarterbacks for cars, vocal about strong opinions in spite of a complete lack of experience.
No. I have a Model X, and have backed up with trailers the size you mentioned, and didn't have a problem. I've also used the accelerator to determine how much I'd want to roll forward on a hill while being in reverse. So it's not armchair quarterbacking, but actually boots on the ground experience.

Driving away 2 blocks down a hill while forgetting that you are in R, is just bad driving.

No. I have a Model X, and have backed up with trailers the size you mentioned, and didn't have a problem. I've also used the accelerator to determine how much I'd want to roll forward on a hill while being in reverse. So it's not armchair quarterbacking, but actually boots on the ground experience.

Driving away 2 blocks down a hill while forgetting that you are in R, is just bad driving.
You misunderstand, I was agreeing with you. The armchair quarterbacking is what comes from the people who say things like "it should NEVER roll backward when you have it in Drive" or "you should not be allowed to put it in Neutral while driving."