TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X: Brakes when Reversing

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Cburns33, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Cburns33

Cburns33 New Member

Just took delivery of our Model X last Sunday....love it! Question...has anyone experienced loud brake noise (squeaking) when reversing? The DS thought it may have been residue from the detailing but its been 4 days and has not subsided.

Thanks

2. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Member

Got my car on September 29th. Have exactly the same issue. Brakes squeal so much when I'm backing out of garage - it is embarrassing. Seems to be getting worse.

Did you get any resolution on this?

3. KBurbridge14

KBurbridge14 Member

Got my X on the 29th. Today, for the first time, I noticed squealing when backing out of my driveway. No bueno.

4. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

It doesn’t last. Brake more and it goes away.

5. jay-bay

jay-bay Member

Well it is lasting...I took delivery of my X on the 27th and mine STILL squeal. Has gotten worse since it rained here in CA over the weekend. Have a service appt on Wed. to have it looked at (along with other issues).

6. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

Usually happens next day after driving in the rain.

7. jay-bay

jay-bay Member

Yes and it happened prior to the rain like I said in my post. It just got worse since its rained.

8. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

I was responding to others who are having it happen for the first time or intermittently. It sounds like yours has a different problem.

9. Cburns33

Cburns33 New Member

I called the service dept and they put a tech on the phone as I backed out and they said bring it in. They found a metal shaving between the rotor and the pad. Since it has been fine.

• Informative x 1
  10. paresh053

paresh053 Member

I have the same problem on my model X. Day after rain, backing out of the garage creates very lough squeal noise and it is embarrassing to have neighbors witnessing this loud noise and them asking what's up with that noise. I initially thought, this would be a one time issue but it reappears every time it rains. I will have to contact SC.

11. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Member

Service center fixed this in one day. Both front rotors replaced. No more noise. Problem fixed