Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X - Buy now or wait for refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I was thinking of purchasing a new model x next week. But given all the chatter about a refresh its giving me second thoughts.

I tried to read all that's been written and all the guesswork...making it more confusing.

Whew! Its ~100K...:) please share some thoughts. Appreciate it.

-RK

Hi

I was thinking of purchasing a new model x next week. But given all the chatter about a refresh its giving me second thoughts.

I tried to read all that's been written and all the guesswork...making it more confusing.

Whew! Its ~100K...:) please share some thoughts. Appreciate it.

-RK

These refresh rumor is from last year, I feel they got confused for Model Y interior to S and X last year. Also when ever there is any shift in Tesla market these rumors always surface to keep down sales.

I have a Model 3 AWD and waiting for Model X LR delivery, one screen on Model 3 is good but u cant see all information in one glance, u can only have one app open at time where as in S and X layout u can have 4 diff apps open for information NAV, back camera, Energy and Music all in one shot.

Maxwell dry battery technology is still under research and need to go through approval process even if they were able to master that technology, also heard another rumor about 3 motors. These latest battery technology and extra motors will cost more and already Tesla is the expensive in market compared to others. Tesla will try to lower prices rather than increase them to keep their vehicles in market.

3 and Y are like bread and butter for Tesla now, any manufacturing company will spend their money on product that will yield profits.

Changes will def come but is it this year? probably not as it don't make any sense for a company to do refresh in two stages in a span of 3 months. If Lexus and Camry look alike interior and exterior will ppl spend extra money for Lexus? same with Tesla I think.

Raven refresh is a big one, in an electric car the main components are battery, motor and drive quality (suspension) which Tesla changed it.

Its expensive car 100K plus, so its up-to you to really decide on what is imp and what not, if having single screen interior is imp you should wait, Maxwell battery is def not gonna come this SEP (my personal opinion) .. 3 motors now its roadster territory I dont think Tesla will kill its product before even releasing it.

Good luck, hope my lengthy response dint confuse u more.

I picked up my MX 75D in Sep 2018. Had I know the road map I would have waited for the raven and gotten LR model as it is very close to what I paid for 75D. No regrets though.

If I were you, and not in rush, I’d wait 3-4 months and then pull the trigger. At the least you will end up saving a bit more on the inventory models with HW3 (towards end of quarter).

My 2 cents.