TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X - can anyone help me with 2 dimensions I need?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by macca99, Aug 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. macca99

macca99 Member

Hi

I have just ordered an MX and am very excited.

As we prepare I am conscious that we have very tight off street parking (in London).
    I have the standard dimensions of the MX, but there are a couple which would be really helpful if anyone has 5 minutes spare and the inclination to help me.

In the attachment below is an image with the two dimensions I need, as we will be backing into a small space....I need to know the approx. width of the X from the chargeport across the car, and then the approx. distance between the charge point to the end of the rear bumper. Unfortunately there is - to my knowledge - only one X currently in London and I am unable to get there to measure before it leaves for Europe on Sunday!

Thank you!

View attachment 189635

2. macca99

macca99 Member

sorry - for some reason the image is not working, trying again here

Attached Files:

3. EV48VER

EV48VER Member

I got 63 inches for A and 19 inches for B.

4. deonb

deonb Active Member

Are the European charge ports (the Menekes type) in the same position as for U.S vehicles?

5. macca99

macca99 Member

thank you very much

6. Boourns

Boourns Member

I don't want to presume you haven't thought of something, but just in case you hadn't considered if (and if it matters): Remember that the HPWC and/or mobile connector will also be sticking out of the vehicle when its charging. So when charging, the width of space you need for your "a" measurement will be the width of the car (63'' as measured by EV48VER) plus the length of the charger.

7. macca99

macca99 Member

Thank you. yes I have that factored in....I will need to reverse the car up to the front steps of my house, but the front steps are low enough not to interfere with access to the chargerport. It Is just the width at bumper level that I need to be careful of. Thank you, though!

8. macca99

macca99 Member

Hi EV48VER,
    Sorry, last question, does the 63 inches represent the widest point of the car by the chargepoint (ie for measuring to fit in a parking space)?
    Thank you

9. EV48VER

EV48VER Member

63 inches is what I got from the charge port (closed) to the other side at roughly the same position. The back side of the vehicle is curved so there is a little "eyeballing" involved, but I think I erred on the conservative side, if any. Hope this helps.

10. EV48VER

EV48VER Member

The wife has the car now. I will double check to verify if that is the widest point when she comes back. As I said earlier, the backside is curved. I need to verify that is the widest point of the car.

11. EV48VER

EV48VER Member

The charge port point is NOT the widest part on the cross section. The wheel well does extend out about an inch. So to be on the safe side, 65 inches will be the width at that cross section.

12. macca99

macca99 Member

I really appreciate it, thank you