Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X - can anyone help me with 2 dimensions I need?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I have just ordered an MX and am very excited.

As we prepare I am conscious that we have very tight off street parking (in London).
I have the standard dimensions of the MX, but there are a couple which would be really helpful if anyone has 5 minutes spare and the inclination to help me.

In the attachment below is an image with the two dimensions I need, as we will be backing into a small space....I need to know the approx. width of the X from the chargeport across the car, and then the approx. distance between the charge point to the end of the rear bumper. Unfortunately there is - to my knowledge - only one X currently in London and I am unable to get there to measure before it leaves for Europe on Sunday!

Thank you!

View attachment 189635

sorry - for some reason the image is not working, trying again here

Attachments

• Presentation1.jpg
    Presentation1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 103
I don't want to presume you haven't thought of something, but just in case you hadn't considered if (and if it matters): Remember that the HPWC and/or mobile connector will also be sticking out of the vehicle when its charging. So when charging, the width of space you need for your "a" measurement will be the width of the car (63'' as measured by EV48VER) plus the length of the charger.

I don't want to presume you haven't thought of something, but just in case you hadn't considered if (and if it matters): Remember that the HPWC and/or mobile connector will also be sticking out of the vehicle when its charging. So when charging, the width of space you need for your "a" measurement will be the width of the car (63'' as measured by EV48VER) plus the length of the charger.
Thank you. yes I have that factored in....I will need to reverse the car up to the front steps of my house, but the front steps are low enough not to interfere with access to the chargerport. It Is just the width at bumper level that I need to be careful of. Thank you, though!

63 inches is what I got from the charge port (closed) to the other side at roughly the same position. The back side of the vehicle is curved so there is a little "eyeballing" involved, but I think I erred on the conservative side, if any. Hope this helps.