Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I'm new to the TMC Forums. I just took delivery of my Model X Signature P90D today (VIN ending 602).

I took delivery from the new store at West 4th in Vancouver. They brought me in to do paperwork, and then took me to the garage where the car was waiting with a little sign next to it with my name. Signature holders get an additional gift (spoiler alert: it's a paper weight in the shape of the Model X).

Initial impressions:
  • It's powerful, this thing just pulls. Took it up Burnaby mountain and there is no shortage of power :)
  • It's silent, feels weird to go so fast with no noise.
  • The regenerative breaking is great, I hardly touch the brakes.
  • The windows do a pretty good job of keeping out the sun/heat.
  • Those falcon wing doors are pretty neat, but now my kids have no cup holders on the doors.
  • Still struggling to figure out the keyfob, half the time the wrong doors open LOL.
  • Noticing some glitches. My wife's iPhone 6s won't play music through Bluetooth, for instance
I'll be updating this thread with things I discover about the car, feel free to send me questions!

Here are some pictures and videos that I took, they are on my instgram feed:
  1. Instagram photo by @yz778 • Jun 3, 2016 at 5:26pm UTC
  2. Instagram photo by @yz778 • Jun 3, 2016 at 5:48pm UTC
  3. Instagram photo by @yz778 • Jun 3, 2016 at 7:08pm UTC
  4. Instagram video by @yz778 • Jun 3, 2016 at 10:15pm UTC
  5. Instagram photo by @yz778 • Jun 3, 2016 at 10:44pm UTC
  6. Instagram photo by @yz778 • Jun 3, 2016 at 10:49pm UTC
  7. Instagram photo by @yz778 • Jun 4, 2016 at 12:40am UTC

Hi all, I'm new to the TMC Forums. I just took delivery of my Model X Signature P90D today (VIN ending 602)...
Congrats!! Would love it if you could put this into ModelXTracker.com. Also put a note on your Instragram account about Electafest and BC Club. Would love a show an tell for the club and Electafest is looking for a Model X (it'll be the star of the show I'm sure). PM me for details if you can help or are interested.

Thanks SMSMD and SSD420! How do I change my profile picture,

So here we go, day 2 with the Model X - my impressions so far.

The good:
  • THIS THING IS SO FREAKING POWERFUL
    I love the acceleration in this. From a dead stop, just flooring it to hit 50kmph is such an awesome feeling. Since I don't want to get it impounded right away, I do obey the speed limits. We don't have many places to go fast in Vancouver, so I've been going up hills and just love how this keeps pulling and pulling and pulling. Gobs of torque from 0 to let's not go to jail.

• Roomy for passengers
    Had the car loaded up with 5 guys, 3 were 6ft+, and everyone fit comfortably. When I was powering up Burnaby mountain, they were in the car squealing like little kids and expletives were thrown about freely. 5 grown men going uphill could not slow it down, this thing is a beast. Also took the wives up for a spin, in general, they were probably more giddy than the men with the rollercoaster-like acceleration. Oh right, it's plenty roomy for passengers.

• It drives like a normal car
    It looks and feels very ordinary. Until you mash the accelerator or toss it around like you're going around pylons. This car is on rails and you kinda think to yourself that it has no right to be this big and this fast :) But, driven normally it doesn't attract too much attention. It's not overly showy, which is perfect for me. Well, until you open the falcon wing doors and then you do get a lot of attention.

• It's electric
    It's silent, it's fast, it charges in my garage like my phone. I woke up this AM and pulled up my phone to check on it, fully charged with 412KM of range. Neat! I'm sure I'll save money on gas, but it will never make up for the price of this thing. Besides, I don't drive much as I commute to and from work by bike or my electric scooter
The bad:
  • It's deceivingly big
    Before the Model X, my family car was a 2006 Honda Pilot. The Model X is actually longer than the Pilot and takes up more room in my garage. BTW: the Pilot was a fantastic car, and if that was available fully electric like a TESLA I'd get that in a heartbeat.

• It's a fingerprint magnet
    Why is everything glossy? The door handles have fingerprints all over them, and the interior trim and screen will be covered in oily fingerprints soon I'm sure. I'd prefer material that held up better after daily use, esp since I'm carrying kids around.

• Key fob, not sure about it
    The keyfob is a bit too futuristic for me. I like to know what I'm pressing, and it took reading the manual to what and where to press. I'm sure over time I'll get used to it, but I'd chalk this up to fashion over function -- cool, but needlessly complex. Also, the key fob doesn't open the driver or passenger door -- why is that?? Also, I had to turn off the feature where the driver door opens when you walk up to it. It kept opening and closing in my garage and was spanking me as I was reaching in to get something. Sensors and the computer code need some tuning.

• Falcon wing doors
    They are cool to look at, but not practical. My kids like to sit together, and in my Pilot (and any other car with normal doors) they could put their drinks in cup holders on the door. Since the doors go up, you can't really put anything there so lots of "wasted" space. There are 2 cup holders in the middle, but that would mean the kid that sits in the middle has to keep their legs in an uncomfortable position. Also, my parents are thoroughly confused as to how the doors work and pretty sure as it was opening it nearly clocked them in the face. Cool, but I'd be happy with doors that opened like doors.
The negatives are just complaints that maybe TESLA will take into account for future. I wouldn't trade my Model X for anything :) That's all the time I have for now, still have many more thoughts. It's time to go driving :) Happy weekend eveyone!

Congrats!! Would love it if you could put this into ModelXTracker.com. Also put a note on your Instragram account about Electafest and BC Club. Would love a show an tell for the club and Electafest is looking for a Model X (it'll be the star of the show I'm sure). PM me for details if you can help or are interested.

Hi Paul - sure! Will look into that tonight. Have a great weekend!

Anyone planning to use the Delivery checklist for Model X
@yz778 did you use the Delivery checklist for Model X.

I just learned about the checklist today and will go over it. When I took delivery, we didn't go over much of the car with the TESLA rep. I signed a bunch of papers and handed over a draft. I had to leave to go somewhere else so I didn't spend much time at the store.

Also, regarding insurance. I was asked if I had an insurance agent, so I asked my friend to come do that part. After my Roadstar 43% discount, I'm paying just over $2600 for leisure use w/ $3M liability. All other coverage I think was pretty standard. I think I will splurge and get vanity plates :)

@yz778 - congrats and welcome to the eXclusive Tesla family. We are planning a trip from NorCal in about a month to Victoria/Vancouver in our Model X. It's nice to know TM has started delivering these in Vancouver..relieves anxiety if something was going to fail SC would be able to handle.

Thanks @xkwizit! Sounds like quite the road trip, are you planning your route along where the superchargers are? The service center is at the new location on West 4th. Yesterday was opening day, but I did get a glance inside and all the service bays were set up and ready to go. They don't have a car wash on premise, so I think they will be figuring out how to detail new deliveries. My rep told me they didn't do the full detail job on my delivery, so I can bring it back next time to get a proper detailing.

@yz778 - congrats and welcome to the eXclusive Tesla family. We are planning a trip from NorCal in about a month to Victoria/Vancouver in our Model X. It's nice to know TM has started delivering these in Vancouver..relieves anxiety if something was going to fail SC would be able to handle.

Also if you are in Vancouver and would like to meet up for coffee, send me a note. Will be happy to meet other owners. Have a safe and fun drive up.