TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X Car Alarm Going Off

Discussion in 'Model X' started by TWBC, Jun 19, 2016.

1. TWBC

TWBC Member

Has anyone had an issue with the car alarm in their Model X? Mine started going off at midnight and has been going off every couple of hours ever since. I have the BlackVue dash cams and no one is around the vehicle. I called Tesla and they are sending the logs to the Service Center.

2. pchan

pchan Member

#2 pchan, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    I have never heard my alarm goes off ... In fact, even when there is a passenger inside and I walked away with autolock, nothing happens. I don't think there is an interior sonar detector. Maybe will try to open the door from inside and try to trigger it.

3. EldestOyster

EldestOyster Member

I saw a post a few week back, in which the window was lowering and raising again by itself. Since the window action is triggered by closing the door, there may have been sensors involved. A service center visit was suggested. Of course, I can't find that post now.

4. Spidy

Spidy Member

5. EldestOyster

EldestOyster Member

I see, in my previous post (that I can't edit?), I completely left out the connection that lowering the window with the car locked sets off the alarm. The OP actually watched it do this.