Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X car alarm not possible to turn off...!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi community,

This is my first post after getting my Model X earlier this spring and now I am in despair not knowing what to do...

The car alarm of my 2018 Model X keeps going off all by itself without any warning in the app and no messages on the screen in the car. Worst thing is that it's not even possible to turn it off. Last time it happened my wife had to drive the car out of town, with the alarm still going off, to prevent it from making people crazy.

This has happened 4 times and we've talked to Tesla support every time. Technicians were even connected to the car and checking logs etc while the alarm was going off, without finding ANYTHING. No soft resets or even Power Off could stopp the alarm. Last time it went on for an hour before just stopping by itself.
I have also turned off all security features, sentry mode, tilt etc.

I delivered the car to the closest service senter in Tromsø Norway (2,5hour drive) last week and they had it for 2 days without finding anything. And now the alarm went off again.

Does anyone have any similar experience or tips on what to do before i go mental with the sound?
Any fuse to remove to make it stop? Any cords to cut? Any deep lakes to drive into?

Andreas
Norway

Aslo poor that no one at Tesla, after multiple troubleshooting sessions over the phone could have pointed out to me that I could try to take out fuse F100 in the frunk fuse box, which supplies the siren and intrusion sensor.
You get kind of desperate after listening to the car alarm for an hour strait.

• Informative
Reactions: mxnym
Not much activity here, which I guess is a good thing that no one else have this problem with their car.

Our car has now been two times to the SC, for several days each time.
First they could not find any issues, second time they changed the "siren battery module".

A couple of days after I received the car back I noticed that the Tilt alarm/security and sentry mode was off so I turned it on. Same night at 03am the alarm went off, and two more times the following 3 days so now I have removed fuse -F100 in the frunk fuse box. No alarms for 3 weeks now.

Now I'm just waiting for another appointment at the SC, with probably another failed attempt to fix the issue. Yes, I'm starting to get really pessimistic about the whole thing.

Not much activity here, which I guess is a good thing that no one else have this problem with their car.

Our car has now been two times to the SC, for several days each time.
First they could not find any issues, second time they changed the "siren battery module".

A couple of days after I received the car back I noticed that the Tilt alarm/security and sentry mode was off so I turned it on. Same night at 03am the alarm went off, and two more times the following 3 days so now I have removed fuse -F100 in the frunk fuse box. No alarms for 3 weeks now.

Now I'm just waiting for another appointment at the SC, with probably another failed attempt to fix the issue. Yes, I'm starting to get really pessimistic about the whole thing.
Hi Andreas

I am currently having the same problem as you had with my TMX.
Tesla can’t seem go find the problem

could you please let me know what caused this in your case and what they ended up doing to fix the issue?

Regards
Trond