Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X cargo mats (full, all seats down)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see any reference to this topic and I am hoping someone has discovered a full-length cargo mat for the X that covers the entire cargo area. I have a 7 seat configuration. So far, I have only been able to find mats that only cover the area behind the second-row seats.

This is a good topic, and confusing--because of the three Model X seat configurations and alleged changes among the model-years.

First, I am no expert, but I thought that with 7-seaters, the 3rd row folds flat, but not the 2nd row. Has that changed? (I have been totally focused on the 5-seater version.)

If all goes well I will have a five-seater (after this Wednesday), and plan to leave the second row seats folded down most of the time. So I want a protective mat that covers the entire back trunk area, from the back of front row seats to the hatchback. There do not appear to be many full-sized products. So far, the one I am looking at is this:

Topfit Model X Trunk Mat (for 5-seater)

Here is something equivalent for the 7-seater:

Topfit Model X Trunk Mat (for 7-seater)

Another thing I am concerned about is the apparently flimsy lower trunk cover supports. I am thinking of first laying down carefully-cut (with smoothed edges) thin plywood, then using a cover mat. That way a heavy object (e.g., bags of potting soil or wheel&tire) won't break through the weak covers into a lower trunk space.

I am waiting to purchase until I can inspect the trunk, measure, take photos, and compare with the products online. Does 2021 (5-seat) Model X have a different shaped trunk area than earlier (5-seat) model-years? I'll soon find out.

Reactions: Prairie
For the current 5 and 7 seat configurations, both the second and third row fold flat. For the 6 seater, only the third row folds flat. There have been a few times I wish the second row in my 6-seater would fold flat, but so far I have done without.

For the current 5 and 7 seat configurations, both the second and third row fold flat. For the 6 seater, only the third row folds flat. There have been a few times I wish the second row in my 6-seater would fold flat, but so far I have done without.

Where are the "helpful," or "Informative" quick-response icons? (I am not a fan of the new changes to the TMC Forum, but what can you do?) Anyway, your reponse is both helpful and informative...