Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X cargo mats (full, all seats down)

GW2580

Aug 6, 2019
Portland OR
I don't see any reference to this topic and I am hoping someone has discovered a full-length cargo mat for the X that covers the entire cargo area. I have a 7 seat configuration. So far, I have only been able to find mats that only cover the area behind the second-row seats.

tps5352

Supporting Member
Oct 30, 2019
Bay-Delta Region, California, USA
This is a good topic, and confusing--because of the three Model X seat configurations and alleged changes among the model-years.

First, I am no expert, but I thought that with 7-seaters, the 3rd row folds flat, but not the 2nd row. Has that changed? (I have been totally focused on the 5-seater version.)

If all goes well I will have a five-seater (after this Wednesday), and plan to leave the second row seats folded down most of the time. So I want a protective mat that covers the entire back trunk area, from the back of front row seats to the hatchback. There do not appear to be many full-sized products. So far, the one I am looking at is this:

Topfit Model X Trunk Mat (for 5-seater)

Here is something equivalent for the 7-seater:

Topfit Model X Trunk Mat (for 7-seater)

Another thing I am concerned about is the apparently flimsy lower trunk cover supports. I am thinking of first laying down carefully-cut (with smoothed edges) thin plywood, then using a cover mat. That way a heavy object (e.g., bags of potting soil or wheel&tire) won't break through the weak covers into a lower trunk space.

I am waiting to purchase until I can inspect the trunk, measure, take photos, and compare with the products online. Does 2021 (5-seat) Model X have a different shaped trunk area than earlier (5-seat) model-years? I'll soon find out.

Les236

Jan 20, 2018
Kissimmee, FL, Boston, MA
For the current 5 and 7 seat configurations, both the second and third row fold flat. For the 6 seater, only the third row folds flat. There have been a few times I wish the second row in my 6-seater would fold flat, but so far I have done without.

tps5352

Supporting Member
Oct 30, 2019
Bay-Delta Region, California, USA
For the current 5 and 7 seat configurations, both the second and third row fold flat. For the 6 seater, only the third row folds flat. There have been a few times I wish the second row in my 6-seater would fold flat, but so far I have done without.

Where are the "helpful," or "Informative" quick-response icons? (I am not a fan of the new changes to the TMC Forum, but what can you do?) Anyway, your reponse is both helpful and informative...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC