TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X center console freezes every trip

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Garyfcampbell, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Garyfcampbell

Garyfcampbell New Member

our two week old Model X's center console freezes on every trip, some times in 10 minutes. I was hoping that firmware v8 would fix it, but it didn't. Our Model S almost never has a frozen center console.

The running apps are maps, with or without navigation active, and the music browser on XM radio.

I know how to reset it, I was wondering if any one had the same issue or insights

Thanks
    Gary

• Like x 1
  2. Ryan MF

Ryan MF Member

It should not freeze. I've never had that happen. Did you call service?

3. travwill

travwill Member

I had that for first time ever today on v8. It places a message on smaller IC screens that "touchscreen is unresponsive" and explains how to reboot it.

4. SMSMD

SMSMD Member

Experienced it first time today. Updated to 8.0 Friday 7th October. My tesla app was not connecting as well. Rebooted and all was back to normal.

5. Garyfcampbell

Garyfcampbell New Member

They found the problem, it was a Tesla firmware problem with an iPhone 7 attached by Bluetooth. The put a new version of firmware 8 and supposedly fixes the issue with the iPhone 7.

6. outie

outie Member

What version / build you currently have now after the update?

7. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

We do not have the iPhone7 and have had the problem 3 times since ownership, we reboot and all is well. I'm on 8.0