TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model X: Changes Since Inception

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Yinn, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Yinn

Yinn Member

I'm looking at some inventory MX's, they're AP1's at a discount; but I'm trying to determine if there are any other changes I should be aware of. Have there been any major changes to the MX since inception?

I know in Dec, they launched the 2nd row fold flat seats for 5 seat configurations.
    Obviously the AP2/FSD hardware.

Thanks!

2. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Probably not significant, but the shape of the floor/wall behind the 2nd row has changed (this is why existing 2nd row mats are not recommended for VINs after F022381), along with the trunk area. Also, the ledge that may have been created for trunk parcel shelf was removed.

3. Ormond

Ormond Member

I would feel more comfortable recommending a later build and not one of the earlier vehicles.

• Like x 1
  4. Yinn

Yinn Member

Is it due to build quality or something else?

5. Ormond

Ormond Member

Yes. My car was built in November, and the quality is good. I'd avoid the first few thousand.

• Like x 1