Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X charge door and Gen 3 Wall connector not working RF interference

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They will run the standard service tests which have nothing to do with the receiver and suggest either replacement if it doesn't function or do absolutely nothing. Unfortunately this is just a piss poor decision to use COTS receiver without some FSHH tied to the Rx and Tx to avoid RF collision and interference. They could have just as easily used IR over RF too, but in true Tesla fashion they screwed up even a simple COTS implementation

So imagine my surprise last night when I decided to try the charge port door with the wall connector wand and it worked. First time in weeks. Coincidentally or not, I had just updated to 2022.36.2. You may want to update and try again as well. I ended up canceling the mobile service call.

• Informative
Reactions: 127.0.0.0
So imagine my surprise last night when I decided to try the charge port door with the wall connector wand and it worked. First time in weeks. Coincidentally or not, I had just updated to 2022.36.2. You may want to update and try again as well. I ended up canceling the mobile service call.
My charge port door returned to operation with 2022.20.18 (it didn’t work on 20.17)

You have a lot of faith in Tesla engineering to follow industry standard practices. They can't put out a FW release without introducing another bug, their bug fix release has new bugs. It's almost as if they are not going beyond unit testing and if they are it is minimal at best. Agile release cycle does not preclude proper testing. It's a game of cat and mouse to figure out if the new issue is HW or SW related since they don't allow a simple option to roll back FW updates.

Sooner or later people will get fed up and won't put up with this. I can't in good faith recommend a Tesla to family or colleagues after my experience with these two cars.

Reactions: FirstInTown