TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model X charging at 10 versus 30 amps

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by lundse50, Dec 25, 2016.

1. lundse50

lundse50 Member

Has anyone experienced the issue where the charge port continually flashes amber instead of green? This started last night. The car alert states that the charger is not fully inserted but this is not the case . It is charging at 16amps instead of 48. I reset the wall unit and it appears to be fine and it remains green when charging The title of the thread should have said 10 miles/hour versus 30 miles/hour.

2. lundse50

lundse50 Member

Looks like the Tesla wall unit is bad. They gave me a new one today to try since it looks like the charger connector that plugs into the car is bad or the cable itself.

3. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Glad to hear you got it figured out!

4. lundse50

lundse50 Member

New charger installed yesterday and it is working correctly Charging again at 48 amps.

5. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

So as not to confuse people about what the problem was, the charger is the 48 or 72A device that is in the car. What you installed yesterday was the HPWC (now just called Wall Connector).

6. lundse50

lundse50 Member

Correct and it was only charing at 16A instead of 48A so Tesla replaced it. Now I am back to 48A. thanks