Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Chrome black out/Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to try blacking out some of the chrome to see what it looks like. I am happy with it. Just thought I would post in case anyone is curious or thinking of doing it themselves. This greatly elevates any issues with finger prints on the door handles which is a huge plus when you have a four year old who likes to open the doors himself.

Attachments

• IMG_4912.JPG
    IMG_4912.JPG
    669 KB · Views: 1,195
  • IMG_4932.JPG
    IMG_4932.JPG
    651 KB · Views: 1,114
  • IMG_4929.JPG
    IMG_4929.JPG
    459.4 KB · Views: 1,118
  • IMG_4920.JPG
    IMG_4920.JPG
    345 KB · Views: 1,088
I wanted to try blacking out some of the chrome to see what it looks like. I am happy with it. Just thought I would post in case anyone is curious or thinking of doing it themselves. This greatly elevates any issues with finger prints on the door handles which is a huge plus when you have a four year old who likes to open the doors himself.

This looks great.
Now I'm going to have to add that to the list of things to get done.

Last edited:
@MichaelW Approximately how much did it cost? Did you do it yourself, or take it somewhere?

I received a quote for a couple thousand then I went by another place and met a guy who loved my car and has been wrapping and tinting cars for 15 years... He also did work for Tesla early on for the Model X. His quote was $350 for all the chrome on the car. The guy loves what he does and he did an amazing job! I am very picky so yeah... I am a happy camper.

Reactions: BrettH
nice. my installer's been having trouble working around the chrome under the mirrors because every time the mirror retracts, it rips the vinyl. he should give my installer some tips. i'm going back again next week to get it fixed :(

Attachments

• IMG_7287.JPG
    IMG_7287.JPG
    323.9 KB · Views: 878
Reactions: UnpluggedP
nice. my installer's been having trouble working around the chrome under the mirrors because every time the mirror retracts, it rips the vinyl. he should give my installer some tips. i'm going back again next week to get it fixed :(

Which shop did you go to? I've been considering doing something similar (same color car!! ....though yet to be officially built). I wanted to see if there was a black chrome option, not sure if that would be a light colored tint overlay on the chrome parts or if the was some other vinyl tricks that would work??

Thanks, these are all looking great!

Micheal: Would you mind sharing the contact information for your guy? I am in LA as well.