Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Chrome Delete and Powder Coat Wheels

SamUK

Jun 3, 2018
Cambridge, UK
Hi Guys
Had my Model X 75D for a month now and loving it. It came with standard 20" Silver Slipstream wheels, in Midnight Silver Metallic and the usual Tesla chrome. I've had a black satin Chrome Delete done and had the wheels black satin powder coated. Two different companies in the UK, but total cost £950.
I'm really happy, what do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_4761 (1) copy 2.jpg
    IMG_4761 (1) copy 2.jpg
    725.5 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_4763 (1) copy 2.jpg
    IMG_4763 (1) copy 2.jpg
    754.1 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_4789 (1) copy 2.jpg
    IMG_4789 (1) copy 2.jpg
    650.8 KB · Views: 214

Fellsteruk

Feb 24, 2018
North West, UK
I use the auto glym Tyre dresser spray or the Tyre gel, the spray is good looks like milk so looks a little messy when on but drys very shinny and doesn’t matter if a little goes on body or rims as it’s silicon based.

studavis14

Aug 2, 2018
Wales
Looking to get my wheels powder coated in satin black as well, do you mind saying where you get the centre cap and wheel nut caps from? Thanks

Fellsteruk

Feb 24, 2018
North West, UK
Thanks a bit far from me I’m up north :(

But I love what they did I’m planning the very same thing but keeping the front and rear chrome for a little sparkle. Mine is an obsidian black MX so it’s kinda gonna look like a menace like yours :)

frebay

Sep 27, 2015
Los Angeles, Ca
This looks great. I have 22's right now and I want to downgrade to 20's for a better ride, less wear, and longer range. Probably will powder coat them carbon or matt black.

MiamiEV

Dec 6, 2017
Miami
Hi Guys
Had my Model X 75D for a month now and loving it. It came with standard 20" Silver Slipstream wheels, in Midnight Silver Metallic and the usual Tesla chrome. I've had a black satin Chrome Delete done and had the wheels black satin powder coated. Two different companies in the UK, but total cost £950.
I'm really happy, what do you guys think?

I am looking at chrome delete as well just can't decide on the door handles. Black or car color (Midnight Silver). Are you happy with the black or do you think matching the car color would have been better? Thank you.

SamUK

Jun 3, 2018
Cambridge, UK
I am looking at chrome delete as well just can't decide on the door handles. Black or car color (Midnight Silver). Are you happy with the black or do you think matching the car color would have been better? Thank you.
Hi
I love the black, I think it fits well with the black window trims. I’d rather have this than body colour. It also stops finger prints showing up on the handles.

Reactions: MiamiEV

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC