Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What color should the handles be painted?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surely that's a picture from someone before they trimmed out the letters. I can't imagine any reputable vinyl guy who would just leave the bulges and air bubbles in there.
Due to the bubbling, trimming it out would of left tiny bits of chrome showing :(

I do plan to have that section of wrap removed, painted, then i already have precut carbon wrap to replace.

Car needed a 2nd coat of the ceramic coating that means 1 more day in bvb the shop ;p so pics tomorrow!
Got the car back late today. So its pretty dark, but at least you can see the rear lighted t, will post better pic when light improves
20181206_175929.jpg

Reactions: Anzir
My OCD is driving me nuts over the door handle here. Does anyone else see the shadow and indented door handle?? The car looks amazing otherwise.

Yes, if you are going to have this done, it should be perfect. To me this stands out like a sore thumb... well, an extremely well manicured, sore thumb perhaps.

I don't like that the chrome shows ever fingerprint from opening the doors. There are plenty of times I don't want to fumble around looking for the remote, but I don't want to leave a finger print either. lol

Then there is the chrome on the mirror support. I find it to reflect headlights in a way it makes me think someone is passing me at night. I find it rather distracting. In general I don't like gaudy anyway. Not that all chrome is gaudy, but I'm ok with getting rid of much of it. On the other hand I actually bought an accelerator pedal and a car came attached.

Awesome! Where did you get that? I am having a chrome delete done but they won't do that piece.
Im pretty sure i got it at carsoda.com
As far as chrome deleting the emblems, i'd recommend getting them plastidip almost any window tint place should be able to do it cheap, i have a p100d and i had the 100 and underline plastidipped left the p/d red, leaving spaceX chrome. Ill post pic after i have them reattached