Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Climate Temperature Issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that my Model X's climate controls seem to be miscalibrated. Specifically, when it's cold outside, let's say 50 degrees F, and I set the climate temperature to 81 degrees F, the air coming out of the vents would be best described as lukewarm. If I increment it one more degree, it goes to "HI" and then becomes very hot. There doesn't seem to be a normal gradation to the heat. Does your X have that issue?

I took it to the Service Center, and we sat in another X and it had the exact same problem. The Tech said they would be putting in a request to have engineering take a look at it. I'm curious to see how big of a problem this is. I was on the .42 firmware and am now on the .44 firmware but still have the same temperature issue.

I noticed that my Model X's climate controls seem to be miscalibrated. Specifically, when it's cold outside, let's say 50 degrees F, and I set the climate temperature to 81 degrees F, the air coming out of the vents would be best described as lukewarm. If I increment it one more degree, it goes to "HI" and then becomes very hot. There doesn't seem to be a normal gradation to the heat. Does your X have that issue?

I took it to the Service Center, and we sat in another X and it had the exact same problem. The Tech said they would be putting in a request to have engineering take a look at it. I'm curious to see how big of a problem this is. I was on the .42 firmware and am now on the .44 firmware but still have the same temperature issue.

Same issues occur on a Model S.... I live in Michigan, when the outside temperature hits 36 and I put the climate on 70 it can't remeber its cold outside and I'd rather have heat than air conditioning... But I get the air unless I turn it too high

Yes, the behavior of the climate control, particularly around heating, is odd. I have noticed that it takes quite a long time (comparatively speaking to a ICE car. Part of it is range management, heating air consumes much more energy than cooling it. I am a bit miffed that I decided against the subzero weather package in my MX (I have it in my MS) because seat warmers are more energy efficient and do a decent job of keeping people warm as opposed to the climate control.

Sorry to hear this. I`ve had trouble with all my former tesla`s during winter time i Norway. The climate control system, in my eyes, sucks and are totally wrong designed. This has been a problem every winter in MS, and I hoped it would get better in X, but no!
When driving, it freaks me out with the constant "cold blows" from time to time.
Even if the car is set to 80 degrees F, the actual temperature in the car will never be more then 70F.
I dont know if the tempsensors are sitting in the air vent`s or what the problem is, but this system kind of tends to be made for cooling the car down. And this it does well.
I normally wear t-shirt the whole year during work. Never had this problem with earlier cars.
Just frustrated.
Please do this test just for fun next time:

If outside temp is 30F, set the Climate controll to 80 via the app. Let it warm the car for 20 min. The car will probably indicate about 85F now.
Then turn it OFF with app and count to 10. Then turn i ON again.
POW......
And the temperature in car shows about 60!! 28F down in 10 seconds??? Possible ??