TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC
  1. Hi All!

My name is Ben Pirri, and I am the owner of Q Car Care. Cars have been a passion of mine since a very young age, and I completed my first paid detail at the age of 9. Needless to say, I do what I love, and it shows in the quality of our work!

We are based out of Burlington, MA, and provide high-line detailing, coating and paint protection services, largely to a clientele that share the same passion for vehicles as we do.

I look forward to working with you and your vehicles, Tesla is an amazing brand and I am yet to meet an owner who does not love their car (to be expected, right?!). We have worked on over 100 Tesla’s since the launch of the brand, needless to say we are familiar with the vehicles.

This Model X came to us via referral to receive our QComplex paint coating. More info on that can be found here: QComplex

To summarize, QComplex is a nano-ceramic coating that after much testing, we believe whole-heartedly that it is the best performing coating on the market today. Application is not nearly as simple as other coatings, however the final result and performance of the product speaks for itself.

Summary of Process:

1. Full decontamination wash. Including clay, ferrous spray, and steam.

2. Paintwork evaluation using special 25W LED lights

3. Polishing process with spot-compounding to remove swirls and R.I.D.S. (random isolated deep scratches) to ensure we are not locking any defects in.

4. A wipe down with a special solvent that includes a catalyst is performed to prep the surface and maximize adhesion.

5. The coating is applied in a clean environment panel-by-panel by a trained technician, then allowed to cure before a final inspection is performed.

Process Photos Below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Video:

2. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

That looks amazing. A few questions:

1.) what about pollen, rain, winter salt, bird droppings, insects? do those just roll off too?
    2.) did you treat the windows and plastic parts as well?
    3.) did you open doors, frunk, trunk and get the edges and inside?
    4.) how long does it adhere for?
    5.) any restrictions on cleaning the car later (drive-in car washes allowed? handwash only?)
    6.) any reapplication required?
    7.) does it work on the wheels to prevent brake dust build-up?
    8.) co$t?

Thanks,
    /Ed

4. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Thanks for the prompt and detailed response.
    Won't be going on Tesla #1 or Tesla #2 but perhaps Tesla #3 whenever that may be.

5. EKnight47

EKnight47 Member

Ladies and Gents - Ben and his team are EXCELLENT! Highly recommend.