Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Color on Tesla Website (Solid White Or Pearl White)

Model X Color on Tesla Website

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model X | Tesla Motors

What is the color of the car that is featured on Tesla website?
What is the color of the car that is featured on the Launch event video?

I think it's pearl white on the site and in the video.

Without a doubt get the pearl white. The metallic shines under the sun and door more durable and scratch resistant from the regular white. I have the pearl white on my X P90DL

We got plain white and I love it. I also question the "It's more durable and scratch resistant" in regards to Pearl White. If anything it's harder to touch up.

The Tesla Pearl White is actually very subtle and nice, but honestly it's tough to tell the difference except side by side in direct sunlight. It's definitely NOT like the Lexus pearl white which has a yellow tint to it. What we did was go to the local service center and held the samples out in the sun. Then we went to look at a couple of the Model S's they had in for service to compare them on an actual car. I didn't see enough of a difference to warrant $1,500.

Of course it's all personal preference and some people love the pearl in sunlight.

@proven I don't really care about the "It's more durable and scratch resistant" just like you.

Also just like you, I can't tell the difference in sunlight. However, at night there is a huge difference. The pearl white is more dull.

Which one do you think stands out more in the sunlight?

@proven I don't really care about the "It's more durable and scratch resistant" just like you.

Also just like you, I can't tell the difference in sunlight. However, at night there is a huge difference. The pearl white is more dull.

Which one do you think stands out more in the sunlight?

In direct sunlight I could see the little bit of "sparkle" in the paint on the pearl white. It's amazing how close they are though. I still prefer the pure white (stormtrooper white). I didn't see them side-by-side at night though so I can't make a comparison on that.