Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Colors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recall a story about someone seeing various color paint samples on the lawn at Tesla somewhere in the past 18 months or so. I can't find it in a quick search using the Google button, but I didn't spend too much time on it.

I think the Model X will have a wider palette of color choices. My wife is rather hoping the signature color will be a medium tri-coat blue.

It was my understanding that Tesla was eliminating colors (at least for the S). I hope it brings some back for the X. I'd like to see the Green return, I saw an S in Green and thought it looked really good. I'm interested to see what Tesla comes up with.

I have my fingers crossed that there will be new colors, as the ones on Model S are pretty boring. Large crossovers typically have more earthy and deep colors than their sedan counterparts. They should reintroduce or offer new shades of green and brown, as well as add something vibrant such as copper. They should also offer a champagne/gold color like the original prototype. Multi-coat red goes well on a sporty car like the Model S, but a deep burgundy would better suit the Model X. Likewise, the current blue they have for Model S would work well on Model X, but they should add a lighter sporty shade of blue for Model S.

I have my fingers crossed that there will be new colors, as the ones on Model S are pretty boring. Large crossovers typically have more earthy and deep colors than their sedan counterparts. They should reintroduce or offer new shades of green and brown, as well as add something vibrant such as copper. They should also offer a champagne/gold color like the original prototype. Multi-coat red goes well on a sporty car like the Model S, but a deep burgundy would better suit the Model X. Likewise, the current blue they have for Model S would work well on Model X, but they should add a lighter sporty shade of blue for Model S.
Sapphire Blue would work for me.

Sapphire Blue would work for me.

Like this one?
Ljusbla_Tesla.jpg

I have heard it's color was originally white.

I was under the impression plastidip was just glorified spray paint, ie: great for chrome pieces or other small parts but not a whole car? Wouldn't you rather vinyl wrap the car instead?

Also pretty sure that blue model s is photoshopped.

I belive the Signature gets its own colors like last time, and the upgraded paint facility gives more colors to all production vehicles.
We will wrap our car anyway, in a coresponding color to the base color of our choise.
If it is some nice signature only colors, this will be prefered. ;-)

I was under the impression plastidip was just glorified spray paint, ie: great for chrome pieces or other small parts but not a whole car? Wouldn't you rather vinyl wrap the car instead?

Also pretty sure that blue model s is photoshopped.

It goes on like spray paint, but it peels off like a latex glove.

I've had it on my rims now for several months, and it's held up to pressure washers, snow, ice, road salt, automatic car wash, and still looks fine.

it's also protecting the nice shiney metal under it on my rims...

I would like a rich color blue just light enough that you would never mistake it for black. One of the tmc members created a mock-up of a Model S wagon in the color I am thinking. I can't remember who, but here is the pic:

Model S Wagon back.jpg