Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X configuration open in EU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model X EU - Production prices

Price ranges:
X70D: starting at 93.000, available to order mid 2016
X90D: 112.540-136.740
P90D: 134.440-169.540

For details, see the 4 config screenshots for X90D-base, X90D-full, P90D-base, P90D-full below.

Some additional detail lists for special variants not in the 4 screenshots:
Color price groups: 0; 1100; 1600€
Seat options (5;6;7): 0; 3300; 4400 €
Towing/accessory hitch: 800; 200 € (either or)

TM-GE-X90D-base.png
TM-GE-X90D-full.png

TM-GE-XP90D-base.png
TM-GE-XP90D-full.png

...and a personal favorite after some negligible wait time :smile:
TM-GE-X90D-KH-01.png
TM-GE-X90D-KH-02.png

Tesla is really slow in letting customers config their X.
Already 6 months since config page available in USA.

Does it really matter when there`s no X`es in showrooms, no testdrives available, lots of US sigs are still without cars etc? The pressing issue doesn`t seem to be access to configuration, but the ability to deliver.

I got access to the config page yesterday. Of course - the prices are through the roof because of weak NOK vs USD. Not sure whether to cancel or not.
On the plus side:
- The Mode lX is a better 7 seater than the Model S, and we`re in desperate need of a great 7 seater.
- It`s a new model with new features, better space inside the car for people and luggage
- Tow hitch so I can tow a boat a few kilometers every spring and fall, buying large items etc.

The downsides.
- No roofrack option unless you`re using seasucker or similar
- The falcon wing doors
- Brand new model from a company known for poor quality and long service queues (at least compared to german rivals which is the kind of build quality we`re used to here in Europe)
- A bit too big. Won`t fit some parking garages (no biggie)
- Extremely expensive for what I concider a beta car
- Shorter range than the S

Not sure about driving dynamics. I prefer the Model S chassis and height above ground. SUVs are normally way worse to drive, but I see people claim that`s not the case with the X.

That said - I`m pretty sure I`ll end up ordering if I get to see and testdrive the car. Because I`m a weak person :D

Not sure about driving dynamics. I prefer the Model S chassis and height above ground. SUVs are normally way worse to drive, but I see people claim that`s not the case with the X.

Drive dynamic is nothing i would worry about, as it is a specific plus for EV's with the Tesla architecture that the heavy battery is still at the lowest point possible. So you are right about the issue for normal SUV's, but the big plus about the Tesla EV architecture designed from scratch as EV is that you can use plenty of room in the car body with a lot of design freedom for luggage, a big and flat floored passenger compartment, for the big air filter, crash zones. But you still have the base chassis as for the S with the low COG what determines to one part the drive dynamics. The second part drive dynamics is determined by fine tuning of damper and bearings. And to the little i have read here in the forum the lucky guys who had a test drive or already have their X judge that part at least as good or better then in the S (They had some additional years, Dollars and engineers to optimize this for the X.

So i better don't think too much about the Dollar to Euro conversion rate applied, but i have no doubts that the car will be excellent and fun to drive!

I offer a 2xx EU Reservation Number for non sign, if anyone need one. I make my reservation very soon, years ago and my configuration options is open too. So i'am open for offers.

Ha Haaaaa. You could have mine for free if it was transferable!! I just want my €4.000 back from Tesla. It has already been very clearly proven that a reservation number is worth nothing.

Ha Haaaaa. You could have mine for free if it was transferable!! I just want my €4.000 back from Tesla. It has already been very clearly proven that a reservation number is worth nothing.

What you could do is order the car for someone else, and ask for registration on another name / company (it could be another company that you own?)... but what premium would be sufficient to compensate for the risk / inconvenience? In your case I would indeed redeem the 4K, or help a friend (tff?) for a small fee (dinner? ;-)).... Or... find a trader that wants your car for export.... then you might get more out of it. But again, the shortest route is indeed asking the money back. Although... I really like the X so I would keep it if I were you:smile:

For what it's worth: I've had my "bad times" with Tesla as well, but got "back on the horse" so if I can help you in any way send me a PM and I'll call you to try to get you to keep your model X:cool: