Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X cost? Used too high?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
So... I'd like a X, but if I'm going to buy new I'd like it to have the batteries from the 3...

But, looking at costs, a new one, the way I want, after federal rebate is about $90k

So.. Why isn't this 2 year old one... around 70k?

Model X 100D 5YJXCBE23HF058175 | Tesla

Who would buy a used one to save $4,000 on a 100k car? (And get MCU 1 and other old stuff too)...

I would go for the used one to save $10-20k.. why aren't the used one's prices.. lining up?

I bought a used S at 2 years old and it lost $20k off sticker. Even counting for the rebate, that's $14k in 2 years old.
You're telling me this X dropped only 4k in the same time..?!

Reactions: brewcoffee2019
It depends how long they have been on tesla's site. if you follow websites that track the pricing, you can see the daily changes (if any). sometimes it goes down 1k or more every day. i used www.teslacpo.io to track a few X's I was looking at. I finally secured mine at 76k. They just sent me the original monroney and saw that it was 144k when it was brand new. :eek: not only did i get it almost half off, but it still has 4 year warranty.

needless to say, I was happy with my purchase :cool:

I built mine and it was non Performance,6 seater configuration, white on white and with the 22" rims. Cost was $112k. My understanding is a year ago the same car was $130k When I looked at new I could buy it cheaper than a used one. The big price drop really hurt some people on the resell and even Tesla had used ones for more than new.

I built mine and it was non Performance,6 seater configuration, white on white and with the 22" rims. Cost was $112k. My understanding is a year ago the same car was $130k When I looked at new I could buy it cheaper than a used one. The big price drop really hurt some people on the resell and even Tesla had used ones for more than new.

AP version makes a big difference with used pricing. you can get a same spec X with AP1 for less than 70k, AP2 for less than 80k. 130k is just ridiculous but 112K is still high.

AP version makes a big difference with used pricing. you can get a same spec X with AP1 for less than 70k, AP2 for less than 80k. 130k is just ridiculous but 112K is still high.

Mine was $112 before incentives, so around $103k after. Used they were $85-90k not fully configured as mine and 2016-2017 models. Buying a 2-3 year old car to just save $13k was not worth it, especially with all the technological advances that has happened and quality changes since those years.

Reactions: jboy210 and forkee