TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model X CPO containment for Brake Recall

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Jrogville, May 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

I've had a CPO Model X reserved for quite a long time and because it is part of the group of cars that is affected by this recall, I'm told that Tesla can't deliver it until they get the replacement part installed. In fact, if you're interested in Model X CPO's, you might have noticed that almost all Model X's have been removed from the CPO websites except for a few very early VIN models that apparently didn't have this type of brake.

Does anyone have any information or been told something about when this part may become available? I'm in limbo here, and they're telling me they have no idea when the part may become available so that I can get my car delivered.

2. Pandamoanium

Pandamoanium Member

I recently had mine done. I was supposed to wait until I received a letter from Tesla that it was around my VINs turn, but I already had it in service, so they did it for me. It's started, just might not be very fast. I'm sure they're going to prioritize to existing owners first since those vehicles are on the road.

3. zackmilo

zackmilo Chrome Delete Champion

Sorry, that must suck. Let me know if you have any questions on MX ownership

4. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

Did you ask them about it while the car was in the shop, or did you find out they had done the brake replacement when you got the car back?

5. Pandamoanium

Pandamoanium Member

When I called to set my appointment I told them I received the email. So they added it to the notes for my X. It should pop up when your X is in the shop though since it's specific to VINs.

6. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

My problem is that I am buying a CPO Model X that's otherwise ready, but Tesla won't allow it to be delivered until the brakes are replaced. And they're telling me that cars waiting to be delivered are supposed to get the highest priority for getting the parts.

7. Pandamoanium

Pandamoanium Member

I don't know what to tell you, to me it makes sense that the ones already being driven are more important from a safety standpoint. Unless they're worried it would take so long that it hurts their end of quarter results, and that hit is justified over the safety of vehicles being driven.