TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model X cup holders stuck and not ejecting

Discussion in 'Model X' started by kinho, Jun 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kinho

kinho Member

My son bumped the 2nd row cup holders recently and now when I push it in, it doesn't eject out. I can't find how to remove the mechanism for repair. Anyone have any advice?

2. dh73

dh73 Member

Wait, you previously were able to push the 2nd row cupholders in, and then they slid out? Kind of like the center console cover in the front? Is that how the cupholders are supposed to work? Mine has always been extremely difficult to open. Pushing the cupholder does nothing. Pulling it to open it is difficult, as if the upper edge is slightly catching on the piece above it. It takes a minute or so fiddling with it to get it slide open - has always been that way. Was on my list to ask the SC about but I forgot about with other couple of dozen things.

3. kinho

kinho Member

Yes, previously when it was first delivered, all you had to do was push it gently and it would eject out (springs). And if you wanted to close it, push it back it and it locks. Now after being bumped, the spring is jammed, you can feel the friction and it locks in place. To open now, i need to push it in again to release the lock then pull it out manually.

4. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

Did you find out solution for this? Has happened to me and I cannot figure out how to fix it.

5. commasign

commasign Active Member

We had same problem. Service center fixed it by lubricating the mechanism.

6. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I had that happen so I just hit it the other way and problem solved

7. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

Thanks and thanks will try both. .my service centre is 300km away.

8. gtmike

gtmike Member

Ya, I had a similar issue and jiggled the cupholder side-to-side until I felt it snapping back to it's track and that fixed it.