Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X cup holders stuck and not ejecting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait, you previously were able to push the 2nd row cupholders in, and then they slid out? Kind of like the center console cover in the front? Is that how the cupholders are supposed to work? Mine has always been extremely difficult to open. Pushing the cupholder does nothing. Pulling it to open it is difficult, as if the upper edge is slightly catching on the piece above it. It takes a minute or so fiddling with it to get it slide open - has always been that way. Was on my list to ask the SC about but I forgot about with other couple of dozen things.

Wait, you previously were able to push the 2nd row cupholders in, and then they slid out? Kind of like the center console cover in the front? Is that how the cupholders are supposed to work? Mine has always been extremely difficult to open. Pushing the cupholder does nothing. Pulling it to open it is difficult, as if the upper edge is slightly catching on the piece above it. It takes a minute or so fiddling with it to get it slide open - has always been that way. Was on my list to ask the SC about but I forgot about with other couple of dozen things.
Yes, previously when it was first delivered, all you had to do was push it gently and it would eject out (springs). And if you wanted to close it, push it back it and it locks. Now after being bumped, the spring is jammed, you can feel the friction and it locks in place. To open now, i need to push it in again to release the lock then pull it out manually.

I actually came here wondering the opposite - anyway non-permanently-damaging ways to prevent it from springing out? ;) My dog has a tendency to bump it when sitting on the floor of my six-seater, then hitting his head when he sits up! Labradors....
Same request for me. But I just have lots of silly kids. I used black duck tape for a while. But would be nice to have a button or flip switch or something to lock it closed.

Reactions: Corbets
I had the “sticks doesn’t pop open” issue. I popped off the vent cover (not careful enough and broke a couple of the plastic tabs) and was able to see one side of the cup holder tracks was out of alignment so I knew just which way to twist. Popped the track in place and a couple of squirts of WD-40 for smooth operation!