Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Custom SR (250mi) or inventory LR (295mi)

New Standard Range VS Old (inventory new) Long Range

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed order on new X Standard range (250miles) 2 weeks ago (no assigned VIN yet). However, I’ve come across an inventory X LR (295 miles) that has same price and that I had hoped for - 7 seats with AP except for the black interior.

Given the new powertrain and benefits of the refreshed model X, should I keep my order and patiently wait or is it better to switch to the inventory LR (definitely could use the extra range for trips) Which is a better buy?

I hear you! This is very appealing! I find myself bouncing back and forth. New powertrain or older version with longer range... quite the dilemma! Let me know what you decide!

Wish I could decide. I think I am not clear what exactly we gain with refresh. Have read release notes but practically what does all that mean? Maybe that will help clear it up

Wish I could decide. I think I am not clear what exactly we gain with refresh. Have read release notes but practically what does all that mean? Maybe that will help clear it up

With the newest model it is pretty simple. Basically you get the newest tech front motor, which improves range to 325 miles. Plus you get the newest AP3 computer and other improvements. If I was buying now, there is no doubt I would spring for the newest bestest, longest range available. I would skip the performance options. No brainer for me.

With the newest model it is pretty simple. Basically you get the newest tech front motor, which improves range to 325 miles. Plus you get the newest AP3 computer and other improvements. If I was buying now, there is no doubt I would spring for the newest bestest, longest range available. I would skip the performance options. No brainer for me.
Thanks for your detailed response. So, would you go for new standard over inventory 100d?

In a similar dilemma, 1) new custom standard range or 2) inventory p100d model x at same price. 100d is exciting but lose recent refreshes.

Any thoughts?

For the same price? Get the 100D pack its a no brainer.

The new Xs are hardly any more efficient at highway speeds which is when range matter. The boost in EPA figures is nearly all better city eMPG ratings.

The 100D pack is mighty, and if cost is equal to SR pack your be mad not to go for it.