TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X Custom SR (250mi) or inventory LR (295mi)

Discussion in 'Model X' started by candy_sr, May 9, 2019.

?

New Standard Range VS Old (inventory new) Long Range

1. New

33.3%
  2. Inventory New

66.7%
  1. gangzoom

gangzoom Member

2. DCGOO

DCGOO Active Member

I am not willing to compromise. Flip a coin or ask somebody else.

3. Silvergun231

Silvergun231 Member

Then why bother responding if you’re not going to answer the question? I bet when they ask you “soup or salad” at restaurants you respond with MASH POTATOES!! You child

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  4. Alex D

Alex D Member

I was just in the same boat. Today I made the decision to go with an Inventory 100D (295 miles of range), that has the new AP 3 hardware. The Inventory car was cheaper than the new Standard Range, which is essentially a 75D. I know, I'm not going to have the new suspension, drive train and efficiency, as well "only" up to 150kw charging, but I'm okay with that. As long as the car has the new AP hardware...

• Like x 1
  5. candy_sr

candy_sr Member

Congrats! Im still undecided. Do you have to get FSD to get the new hardware for inventory 100D?

6. Alex D

Alex D Member

You don't have to, the car I picked had FSD already enabled and was built with the AP3 hardware.

• Like x 1
  7. redgt

redgt Member

now this is a first post! coming out swinging lol

8. redgt

redgt Member

inventory 100D can be had for at least 10k less than a similarly built new version 100D

not sure the extra 10k+ is worth it? would like to get some reports of people getting the new version

9. Silvergun231

Silvergun231 Member

Get the (old) new inventory 100D. The charge times will be the same for both (145kw on a V2 sc) and the old one will get you 45 miles further. I doubt the suspension upgrade will be very noticeable, especially if it’s your first X.

10. Silvergun231

Silvergun231 Member

Haha I’m on troll patrol today

11. candy_sr

candy_sr Member

This is exactly my dilemma. Not sure if Id want the bigger battery or newer suspension / drive train with the latest updates.

12. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

10k delta for latest AP3 , V3 supercharging speeds and newer technology is a good deal IMO ...spread over a 3 year loan (assuming u finance ) is few dollars a day extra ;)

• Disagree x 1
  13. candy_sr

candy_sr Member

I wish! I’m set on a budget and new SR or inventory 100D is where I’m at.

14. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

In that case I would go for 100batt ;)

15. candy_sr

candy_sr Member

So range speaks more, huh? Thanks! Will keep you posted.

16. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Range ..plus the 100 batteries seem to be holding well the most out of all the 186xx battery packs ;)

17. candy_sr

candy_sr Member

After a lot of thought and no response / update from Tesla re: custom order SR - no VIN up to this point, I've decided to go with an inventory 100D with FSD that has same configuration as my custom Standard Range order except for white interior for nearly the same price. Hoping to get my MVPA tomorrow and car next week. Really pleased with it! Also, since this will be my first MX, figured I wouldn't know the difference of the new drivetrain / suspension. Yes, I may miss out on the new upgrades / refresh MX will have but I couldn't pass up on this deal. Still looking forward what you guys have to say with the refresh model X once you take delivery!

Thanks everyone! Stay charged!:)

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  18. Andyyeh88

Andyyeh88 New Member

I need to make decision today. Still struggling on it.

19. yerEVan

yerEVan Member

I did the same thing 2 days ago. Found a test drive model for crazy cheap P100D 2018 build w/FSD. 3k miles on it but heavily discounted. Waiting for pics to make final decision. It’s considered new so I’ll still get fed deduction. Def good decision to go with 100D.

If you buy new and it’s delayed you may lose 1,875 bucks.

20. candy_sr

candy_sr Member

I understand, it’s not easy but commit to your decision and don’t look back. Also, if you can afford the configuration you want as new - I really highly recommend that. BUT, if you’d like to save a few thousands (or maybe many $$$) then inventory is your best bet!

Rest assured, whatever car you end up getting, it’ll be great!

• Love x 1