Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Custom SR (250mi) or inventory LR (295mi)

New Standard Range VS Old (inventory new) Long Range

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just in the same boat. Today I made the decision to go with an Inventory 100D (295 miles of range), that has the new AP 3 hardware. The Inventory car was cheaper than the new Standard Range, which is essentially a 75D. I know, I'm not going to have the new suspension, drive train and efficiency, as well "only" up to 150kw charging, but I'm okay with that. As long as the car has the new AP hardware...

Reactions: candy_sr
I was just in the same boat. Today I made the decision to go with an Inventory 100D (295 miles of range), that has the new AP 3 hardware. The Inventory car was cheaper than the new Standard Range, which is essentially a 75D. I know, I'm not going to have the new suspension, drive train and efficiency, as well "only" up to 150kw charging, but I'm okay with that. As long as the car has the new AP hardware...

Congrats! Im still undecided. Do you have to get FSD to get the new hardware for inventory 100D?

Placed order on new X Standard range (250miles) 2 weeks ago (no assigned VIN yet). However, I’ve come across an inventory X LR (295 miles) that has same price and that I had hoped for - 7 seats with AP except for the black interior.

Given the new powertrain and benefits of the refreshed model X, should I keep my order and patiently wait or is it better to switch to the inventory LR (definitely could use the extra range for trips) Which is a better buy?
Get the (old) new inventory 100D. The charge times will be the same for both (145kw on a V2 sc) and the old one will get you 45 miles further. I doubt the suspension upgrade will be very noticeable, especially if it’s your first X.

Get the (old) new inventory 100D. The charge times will be the same for both (145kw on a V2 sc) and the old one will get you 45 miles further. I doubt the suspension upgrade will be very noticeable, especially if it’s your first X.

Range ..plus the 100 batteries seem to be holding well the most out of all the 186xx battery packs ;)

After a lot of thought and no response / update from Tesla re: custom order SR - no VIN up to this point, I've decided to go with an inventory 100D with FSD that has same configuration as my custom Standard Range order except for white interior for nearly the same price. Hoping to get my MVPA tomorrow and car next week. Really pleased with it! Also, since this will be my first MX, figured I wouldn't know the difference of the new drivetrain / suspension. Yes, I may miss out on the new upgrades / refresh MX will have but I couldn't pass up on this deal. Still looking forward what you guys have to say with the refresh model X once you take delivery!

Thanks everyone! Stay charged!:)

• Love
Reactions: Alex D and P85_DA
I did the same thing 2 days ago. Found a test drive model for crazy cheap P100D 2018 build w/FSD. 3k miles on it but heavily discounted. Waiting for pics to make final decision. It’s considered new so I’ll still get fed deduction. Def good decision to go with 100D.

If you buy new and it’s delayed you may lose 1,875 bucks.

I need to make decision today. Still struggling on it.

I understand, it’s not easy but commit to your decision and don’t look back. Also, if you can afford the configuration you want as new - I really highly recommend that. BUT, if you’d like to save a few thousands (or maybe many $$$) then inventory is your best bet!

Rest assured, whatever car you end up getting, it’ll be great!

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA