Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X damaged before a delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a call today from Tesla and the manager said that my model X P100D was damaged (a minor scratch) during a transportation. She said that they are going to detail it and I refused. Scratched and painted $225,000 (Canadian) car that had to be brand new? No, thank you.

Just for the record it's going to be Oakville, ON location.

She said that I can get it with a scratch and they will fix it later and it just feel wrong about it. There is an option to wait 2 more months for a new car...

Even rescheduling feels really bad for me because I assigned few important business meetings and things to do, rented another car and we live about 400km from the place of the delivery...

Seriously disappointed, pissed off and upset. Our previous delivery was excellent and now it started just terrible.

This probably happens very often. Most cars just get fixed without running it by the owner. I saw BMWs at the South Carolina plant that were being fixed after damage during transport on the ships. I asked if the owners are notified that their cars are repaired and they said no. If it's a scratch, that can be corrected pretty easily and you can still have your X.

This probably happens very often. Most cars just get fixed without running it by the owner. I saw BMWs at the South Carolina plant that were being fixed after damage during transport on the ships. I asked if the owners are notified that their cars are repaired and they said no. If it's a scratch, that can be corrected pretty easily and you can still have your X.
Ford has an entire building for fixing F-150s that are damaged at the Rouge River plant. Apparently, 1500 trucks a day leads to some dings here and there.

Consider it an inaugural scratch, let them repair it and enjoy your new ride!

On a more serious note, I agree with what others have said. I would want to see a pic of the scratch before taking any decisions.

For what's worth, I found a paint blemish on my hood during my walk-through (looks like overspray) but accepted delivery anyway. Blemish is still there and I don't have any regrets!

Reactions: P85_DA
Just for a clarification: I'm not pissed off on the Tesla team. I'm pissed off that it did happen. Don't get me wrong there. It's like when you hit your finger with a hammer, you're pissed off not because of the hammer, but because it happened with you.

• Disagree
Reactions: spectrum
Lol tough crowd over there I thought TMC was rough

upload_2018-8-15_14-13-32.png

LOL. No one escaped OP's wrath and fury. Not even God.

Just for a clarification: I'm not pissed off on the Tesla team. I'm pissed off that it did happen. Don't get me wrong there. It's like you hit your finger with a hammer, you're part off not because of the hammer, but because it happened with you.

Ok dude. Man up, and figure out where you are going from here.

Evaluate vehicle on arrival or just reject and roll dice again on new one? Later delivery with complications and future business plans have absolutely nothing to do with Tesla.

Yeah, people there think that I'm bashing Tesla where I'm not. I just tried to share some negative experience , and maybe wasn't 100% clear and they started protecting everything Tesla related like mamabirds. I don't like that. When I'm upset and pissed off, I'm saying that I'm upset and pissed off. It doesn't mean that I'm pissed off on Tesla though. They have something to improve though and I'd prefer to be able to talk about things like that in a pretty straight forward manner. You can hate me for that if you'd like.

Just be happy for Tesla to be transparent and telling you what's going on. As others have said, the alternative was to not say anything and getting it fixed without your knowledge, as it seems to be common with other manufacturers. Probably not Tesla's fault either if the transport company is to blame.
Yep same here, it's not about Tesla, it's about the scratch. I'm not crying anymore lol