Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Dash Cam Unboxing and Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reason I posted here was because I know this specific camera had a connector for AP1 but since they also released an AP2 version I was wondering if AP2 cars had this same connector. Hope that was ok, the next poster answered my question.

Oh, okay. That's fine, and as you saw, they made versions for AP1 and AP2 with similar connections for each.

I thought you were looking for power connections to install a more generic dash camera on the car, and figured you would get more attention by starting a new thread.

Is there an iOS English language app to access the camera? I'm quite interested, but would want to be able to turn off the voice prompts.
I think it is possible for the Tesla owner to change the language voice into English,and I prefer to turn on the voice broadcast all the time.Because it can inform you about the condition of your dash cam,like the SD card not available.

I think it is possible for the Tesla owner to change the language voice into English,and I prefer to turn on the voice broadcast all the time.Because it can inform you about the condition of your dash cam,like the SD card not available.

I'm thinking about getting the Topfit cam, please let me know how to change the language to English for the voice control (MS AP1), can it be changed on the camera itself, or do I need to download new firmware after purchase.

Thanks.

I have installed the English voice firmware updated. Now the voice had changed but the live view in my iOS app no longer works and the time/date resets every time the car is shut down (powered off).

Does anybody know/have access to the original firmware? I'd rather have it speaking in Chinese and working correctly...thanks in advance!

I have installed the English voice firmware updated. Now the voice had changed but the live view in my iOS app no longer works and the time/date resets every time the car is shut down (powered off).

Does anybody know/have access to the original firmware? I'd rather have it speaking in Chinese and working correctly...thanks in advance!

BTW, this is the AP2 (HW2) version for the Model X.

Well, so I also have this problem as I now realize.

I contacted the seller about it and after providing them some debugging data, they concluded that it's the amera that I have is defective and does not hold the data.
So they sent me yet another one - it came with English firmware preloaded, but I see it is a different version than what I had before - it says "video recording on" instead of "goodbye" on shutdown.

Anyway with this new one I got it retains the date for at least an hour, but I am sure it still loses the settings if you leave it unpowered for some time since when it came it still had the date reset to the default Jan 1st 2016 (there is evidence on the sdcard that it was powered on and date/time synchronized).
I'll probably let it sit like this for a couple of days and if it retains the date for this long - it's good enough for my purposes.

So, I guess try talking to your seller and ask for an updated firmware or some other resolution?

I just got mine, but I don't understand what half the settings are: loop video setting, collision lock sensitivity, synchronous recording, frequency of light source.... etc. I can barely understand the English instructions as well.

As well, how do I know how many hours video a 64gb and 128gb SD card can hold? Was thinking of getting a larger card.

I just got mine, but I don't understand what half the settings are: loop video setting, collision lock sensitivity, synchronous recording, frequency of light source.... etc. I can barely understand the English instructions as well.

As well, how do I know how many hours video a 64gb and 128gb SD card can hold? Was thinking of getting a larger card.
Ignore teh collision and ldw and such - that's for a different camera.
The only things that work are: resolution (but don't change it, default is higher than what you can select), flicker frequency (60fps for NA - this is your grid frequency so that lights don't flicker in the video), loop video (how long to record a single video file before creating a new one), time sync, factory reset, sdcard reformat and possibly brightness. Also obviously audio and wifi settings.
With current prices of them, I think a 128G card is a nobrainer.

Ignore teh collision and ldw and such - that's for a different camera.
The only things that work are: resolution (but don't change it, default is higher than what you can select), flicker frequency (60fps for NA - this is your grid frequency so that lights don't flicker in the video), loop video (how long to record a single video file before creating a new one), time sync, factory reset, sdcard reformat and possibly brightness. Also obviously audio and wifi settings.
With current prices of them, I think a 128G card is a nobrainer.

So change flicker frequency to 60fps? And what should I set loop video to, and can you tell me what to set the other settings to? What about the synchronous timing setting?

So change flicker frequency to 60fps? And what should I set loop video to, and can you tell me what to set the other settings to? What about the synchronous timing setting?
Well, the only changes I made for myself are:
flicker to 60Hz.

The synchronous time setting is just to sync phone time to the camera (though the app also does it on connect).
I leave loop video at 1 minute (default) since I think it makes it easier to free up space once you run out of it eventually.

Well, the only changes I made for myself are:
flicker to 60Hz.

The synchronous time setting is just to sync phone time to the camera (though the app also does it on connect).
I leave loop video at 1 minute (default) since I think it makes it easier to free up space once you run out of it eventually.

Thanks. So loop video at 1 minute means it creates a new video file every 1 minute?

There are several reasons, I guess.
One: there's a broken english firmware that somehow resets the time on power loss (you know you have it if your device says "goodbye" on power loss).
Two: Apparently even ok firmware when sitting too long with no power forgets the time.

If you have old English firmware - contact your ebay seller to work it out, they sent me a new device with a different firmware.

There are several reasons, I guess.
One: there's a broken english firmware that somehow resets the time on power loss (you know you have it if your device says "goodbye" on power loss).
Two: Apparently even ok firmware when sitting too long with no power forgets the time.

If you have old English firmware - contact your ebay seller to work it out, they sent me a new device with a different firmware.

Mine keeps resetting to Jan 1, 2016 every day.

As well, mine takes photos randomly once or twice while I drive. Any idea?

Mine keeps resetting to Jan 1, 2016 every day.

As well, mine takes photos randomly once or twice while I drive. Any idea?
Every day or every time you shutdown the car? My earlier testing indicated (still back on Chinese firmwaare) good 24 hours+ of retention of the date once you sync with the phone.
If you have English firmware - shutdown the car, if the dashcam says "goodbye" - you need to contact the seller about this, they might give you a new firmware or they might just send you a new cam with updated firmware. Updated firmware confusingly says "video recording on" on shutdown.

oh, and re the random pictures - are you sure you do not waive your hands around at that time? ;)
Most of the incidents for me could be atributed to that, some are probably just reflections of something bright straight into proximity sensor.