TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X Dashboard

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Sixtrain, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Sixtrain

Sixtrain Member

Is there anyway to customize the dash? I'm not liking the analog clock on the left side. I would rather have the map on, but the map only comes on when I have the navigation set to a destination.

2. timf

timf Member

The map is only available when you have a destination set and are actively using the navigation system. You can change what's displayed on each screen by holding down the scroll wheel on the respective side of the steering wheel which will bring up a menu of available displays you can scroll between.

3. Sixtrain

Sixtrain Member

That worked. Thanks!

4. TJunkers

TJunkers Member

I only found this feature out a month after owning my Model S. I ended up leaving the default ones anyway. If only Tesla was still going forward with opening up their API. I would have loved to see custom made dashboard widgets.

5. X Fan

X Fan Member

hhhm...so if you want a map view to keep track of where you are that’s not possible? That should be changed. I use my map all the time when navigating around town or unknown locations.

6. pvogel

pvogel Member

You can have the nav map up on the 17" display all the time, even for the whole display. You just can't have the tiny dashboard panel occupied with a map since that's just designed to show a small portion of the nav map to show you your next turn coming up.

• Like x 1
  7. X Fan

X Fan Member

Thanks......

8. president_ltd

president_ltd Member

actually, there's a bug (that i consider a 'useful feature') whereby if you set your navigation to a destination THEN reach that destination it keeps the heads-up map on display and doesn't remove it.
    bug is still present in 7.1

• Informative x 1