Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X - Dashcam Icon Gone!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure when but I don't have the dashcam viewer icon any more. Could this be a bug with the latest SW?

I've re-formatted my USB drive in the car (no errors). Even checked it on the computer and no issues. Honked horn and saw a few "incidents" when I got into my car but no viewer :(

I'm running 2021.36.5.1

Did you try another test USB drive just to rule that out?
I've seen videos where they used Windows Error checking to correct a drive and then it worked.

Unx0SbE.jpg

To what others have stated, I made my own folder called TeslaCam.

Also, I notice that rarely (super rare) I'll notice the dash cam button is gone. If I unplug the drive and re-seat it (tempted to blow into it like an NES cartridge... but don't!) I notice the icon comes back. I always make sure I park the car with the icon still showing, or it would be like sentry mode is not engaged.

Again, it only happens super rarely. I've also noticed that keeping the number of stored clips on the drive down. After a rainstorm I'll sometimes have a ton of clips. I make sure to swap the drive with a fresh drive and review the clips at my leisure on my computer. Too many clips seems to bog down the performance of the drive I think.