Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model x daytime running lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't even know how to turn on the led fang lights. Last night it was turning on when I unlock the car and when driving. Now it's not working.
So far I have figured they are ON in Park mode (P button pressed) OR if you have the lights in PARK mode from settings. I am not sure if that means the tail parking lights also turn on when driving, I suppose not but can't confirm without having someone else check for me whole I drive. If I go by the dashboard X replica, those tail parking lights must be off.
As for AUTO setting, only the saggy-eyeliner DRL lights turn on, no fangs. This is also confirmed by observing the X in summon autopark mode.
I would drive in PARK mode all the time if that's what it takes to show my X fangs, except at night when PARK mode means no headlights... damn you Tesla!!!

• Informative
Reactions: Merrill
So far I have figured they are ON in Park mode (P button pressed) OR if you have the lights in PARK mode from settings. I am not sure if that means the tail parking lights also turn on when driving, I suppose not but can't confirm without having someone else check for me whole I drive. If I go by the dashboard X replica, those tail parking lights must be off.
As for AUTO setting, only the saggy-eyeliner DRL lights turn on, no fangs. This is also confirmed by observing the X in summon autopark mode.
I would drive in PARK mode all the time if that's what it takes to show my X fangs, except at night when PARK mode means no headlights... damn you Tesla!!!

Actually mine doesn't work in park mode either. It does at night for some reason.

As mentioned in other threads, you can also have the DRLs come on when you have Range Mode turned OFF. When going on long trips, where I need Range Mode, I just turn the headlight off in the daytime. When the car restarts, the headlights go back to automatic.

I think most are confusing the question on DRLs with the foglight fangs. DRLs do stay on, fangs don't and we want the fangs to be ON for the killer X look. In this pic both are shown, in P mode and a dark garage

upload_2016-7-3_11-0-28.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-3_11-0-2.png
    upload_2016-7-3_11-0-2.png
    698.2 KB · Views: 336