Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model x dead after software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I haven’t driven my car in two weeks. I pushed thru a new software update 7 hours ago. The car is still non responsive. Tesla said they need to have roadside assistance basically break into the car. Even then, I’m not sure what they will do since my car is plugged into the charger still and won’t disconnect without power. Anyone know a simpler fix for this? Thanks.

Have you tried to start the car using the app? This does work sometimes. I assume Tesla would have suggested this, though.

There is a manual release on the charge port but it’s not trivial to get to on X’s. Some S’s have a door over the port on the inside.

The app won’t connect to the car.
Ugh.... does sound like Tesla May need to pull power totally and reboot it. Same problem I had way back and it had to be flatbed’d to the SC. But at least I could get in and roll it.

Can they pop the frunk using the emergency access and get to the 12 V battery to perhaps power it up the hard way so maybe it can roll and steer! About all I can think of...

Exactly what they did. Popped the frunk. Jump started the battery. Door opened. Seems like the update killed the battery as it was fine an hour earlier. Now the screen says I need to wait for the update to get pushed back out.

Ugh.... does sound like Tesla May need to pull power totally and reboot it. Same problem I had way back and it had to be flatbed’d to the SC. But at least I could get in and roll it.

Can they pop the frunk using the emergency access and get to the 12 V battery to perhaps power it up the hard way so maybe it can roll and steer! About all I can think of...