Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hook bill my DS told me we were right at the AP 2.0 transition and it took longer bc some parts were not available.

This sounds like an excuse to comfort people. It doesn't explain why the are building cars totally out of order. If they were just short on AP2 parts, why not build cars in order so at least the wait is fair for everyone? They have been making AP2 cars for 50 days and somehow got a bunch of them into inventory.

It does seem pretty clear that they are building non-west coast cars first, which means they believe they will be able to deliver the west coast cars this quarter. The only problem is that they promised many of us delivery a long time ago, and personally, they can try and deliver the car to me all day long at the end of the month, but I won't in town to pick it up, and I imagine I'm not the only one to become unavailable over the holidays. So they're going to annoy their west coast clients for no Q4 revenue reason.

I'm actually considering telling them to delay my car until next quarter. I'm not sure I want a car rushed at the end of 2016 that I won't be able to pick up until 2017.

Last edited:
Reactions: vrykolas
Just got the email that ours came off the production line today and is due for delivery between December 3rd and 17th.

I have a tentative appointment to pickup on the 9th, I'm hoping it gets here sooner.

So production took from 11/17 to 11/30

• Informative
I know there is a separate tread called Year-End Deliveries but thought I would create one focused purely on the month of December.

Ordered a MX 90D
Six seater
PUP
AP1 (orig. order)
20" wheels
Deep Blue Metallic + Ultra White Seats
Ordered: 9-16-16.
Added EAP + FSDC
Confirmed: 10-05-16
VIN 24xxx assigned 10-05-16
Placed in Prod Queue: 10-05-16
Original Del Date: Mid-Nov
Revised Del Date #1: Nov-Early Dec.
Revised Del Date #2: Just before or right after Christmas (per DS)
Have had several email/phone conversations with DS. Was concerned that delivery delays would cause issue with approved loan through Tesla Lending. He told me the original approval was good until 12/1. After that date they would pull again as a "soft pull" and that the interest rate should not change and the additional funds needed to cover the EAP/FSDC upgrade would be approved as part of the original submittal. The soft pull was simply a formality with no expected changes. He also said the delivery date would slip to late December as the AP2 introduction has caused some delays at the factory and put everything slightly behind. The plan is to get it in our hands before EOY so we can take advantage of the 2016 $7500 tax break. I was happy to hear this BUT we ordered at a time we thought would help us avoid the end-of-quarter push and now we are right smack dab in the middle of it. Oh well, at least I'll get AP2 HW.
same here

*** Updated ** Received " production is complete and your tesla is being prepared for transit " however my " my tesla page " still says " in production ".

VIN# 272XX

Purchase Location - Tysons Corner VA

X 90D
6 seats
Ultra White
Carbon Fiber
Weather Package
Upgraded Audio Package
all the AP 2.0 features
Premium Upgrade Package

10/15/16 - Order placed
10/24/16 - Order Confirmed
10/24/16 Vin Assigned
11/25/16 In production
11/30/16 Complete production

Original Estimate Given - Late December early January

New email now says expect delivery between Dec. 18th - Jan 1st

..... Sorry others are still waiting:(
however I:) am excited.... yes.....

2016-12-01_6-46-17.jpg

Just got an e-mail that my 6 seat MX90D (everything except tow package - going to east coast) completed production on 11/30. For reference the order was confirmed 11/5 and prod started on 11/24.

Interestingly the My Tesla page still says in production. The e-mail said to expect delivery between 12/21 and 1/4. Looks like delivery by the end of the year is probably happening at this point!

According to MyTesla, mine entered production an 11/23.

On 12/1 I got an email saying it has entered production.

Good grief. Aren't they at all embarrassed by this?

Heh - Didn't Musk "Found" Paypal - a high tech IT company? Those developers could possibly fix up this IT issue. (ok, he didn't actually found Paypal but merged X.com into the company that existed with the name Paypal)

Heh - Didn't Musk "Found" Paypal - a high tech IT company? Those developers could possibly fix up this IT issue. (ok, he didn't actually found Paypal but merged X.com into the company that existed with the name Paypal)
Funny enough I got my "in production" e-mail the day before my production complete mail. Also had a similar lag between production start (on my tesla) and the production start e-mail. Even stranger I have the reverse now with production complete e-mail coming before my tesla is updated...

This sounds like an excuse to comfort people. It doesn't explain why the are building cars totally out of order. If they were just short on AP2 parts, why not build cars in order so at least the wait is fair for everyone? They have been making AP2 cars for 50 days and somehow got a bunch of them into inventory.

It does seem pretty clear that they are building non-west coast cars first, which means they believe they will be able to deliver the west coast cars this quarter. The only problem is that they promised many of us delivery a long time ago, and personally, they can try and deliver the car to me all day long at the end of the month, but I won't in town to pick it up, and I imagine I'm not the only one to become unavailable over the holidays. So they're going to annoy their west coast clients for no Q4 revenue reason.

I'm actually considering telling them to delay my car until next quarter. I'm not sure I want a car rushed at the end of 2016 that I won't be able to pick up until 2017.
They appear to prioritize cars based on options, paint *and* region. So, it's probably more complicated than you're thinking. Furthermore, you can ask for them to delay your vehicle, but at this late stage in the game, it will still be built this quarter and Tesla will just hang on to it until you're ready for delivery. A few of us tried this earlier this year and that's how it panned out for us.

FWIW, my X has been fairly problem free despite being built at end of Q2.

*** Updated ** Received " production is complete and your tesla is being prepared for transit " however my " my tesla page " still says " in production ".

VIN# 272XX

Purchase Location - Tysons Corner VA

X 90D
6 seats
Ultra White
Carbon Fiber
Weather Package
Upgraded Audio Package
all the AP 2.0 features
Premium Upgrade Package

10/15/16 - Order placed
10/24/16 - Order Confirmed
10/24/16 Vin Assigned
11/25/16 In production
11/30/16 Complete production

Original Estimate Given - Late December early January

New email now says expect delivery between Dec. 18th - Jan 1st

..... Sorry others are still waiting:(
however I:) am excited.... yes.....

View attachment 204223 ,
For you: :):)

For me: VIN 24xxx :(:(

MX60D, MC Red, 5 Seat, Ultra White, EAP, Air, Tow

9/3 - Ordered
9/11 - Confirmed Order
10/17 - Switched to Air from Coil
10/19 - VIN Assigned
10/31 - Upgrade to EAP
11/18 - Finance Approved (US Bank via Tesla 1.74%)
11/30 - Build Started
12/1 - Build Completed (Est. delivery 12/5 - 12/19)
Congrats Terran! That's a long wait.

This is interesting in that it breaks the East Coast trend -- at least assuming your Orange County location is accurate. What's your VIN date code (2xxxx)?

Hoping for a December delivery, though DS thinks January (but possible sooner).

Blue X90D, Tow, Sound, Premium, Black/Black Leather/Headliner

Order: 10/20
Confirmed E-Mail: 10/27
VIN E-Mail: 10/28 (28xxx)
Production Started in MyTesla: 11/23
Production Started Email: 11/29
Production Complete Email (Delivery "Late December - January, 2017"): 11/30
As of Dec 1: MyTesla still shows In production
Delivery: Hoping before the end of the year ...