Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure how you could possibly be disappointed in Tesla's customer service when the DS is willing to stay until 10pm to try to get your car ready for you? Seems like over-and-above service to me...!? Just because it isn't ready doesn't mean it's a customer service issue - if anything Tesla stretches expectations by trying to rush deliveries for customers which can lead to some disappointments if it doesn't come together in time but it's better than them just telling you it will be here when it gets here and not trying to push the delivery for you.

Am I missing something else?
My appointment was at 1pm on Wednesday and I didn't receive any confirmation from my DS before I CALL him at 10am in the morning. What if I didn't call him I guess I will be heading to the factory already when he remembers to call me back to cancel the appointment. I think by Tuesday evening he should have known that the vehicle will not be ready and let me know about it. Then I will have better things to do other than reserving the whole day for the delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: Out4aDuck
Picked up my car from the factory yesterday. Multiple fit and alignment issues, including a 1" circle burnt paint my detailer highlighted to me that I couldn't possibly have catch as they placed the cars under the tent. Service advisor came out to inspect the flaws and wasnt being helpful, saying everything was within spec even though you could see rubber gaskets sticking out on one side clealry. They eventually agreed to do a due bill for me.

Pay close attention to the fwd fit. I noticed 3-4 other Xs, all with the same poor alignment.

For those who picked up from the factory, did you get the "presentation box" I have seen here that contains the fobs and keychains? My delivery guy just handed me over the key fobs as is.

• Informative
Reactions: mmd
Picked up my car from the factory yesterday. Multiple fit and alignment issues, including a 1" circle burnt paint my detailer highlighted to me that I couldn't possibly have catch as they placed the cars under the tent. Service advisor came out to inspect the flaws and wasnt being helpful, saying everything was within spec even though you could see rubber gaskets sticking out on one side clealry. They eventually agreed to do a due bill for me.

Pay close attention to the fwd fit. I noticed 3-4 other Xs, all with the same poor alignment.

For those who picked up from the factory, did you get the "presentation box" I have seen here that contains the fobs and keychains? My delivery guy just handed me over the key fobs as is.

@echelone Can you send a picture of the circle?

I'm picking up my P100D at the factory tomorrow!

What's weird is that in the production complete email, it said that I can expect the car by late November-Dec. Similar to MyTesla. Somebody hadn't been updating the website on my behalf for awhile.

MyTesla just updated delivery (previously late nov-dec) to
  • Estimated Delivery Range: Late December - January, 2017
Started production nov 9, supposed to be completed yesterday per email. No details on delivery schedule

Frustrated with lack of progress updates I sent a stinker on 22nd. The DS responded with a offer to setup "tentative" delivery date of 29th. It sounded suspiciously like just something to buy time but I agreed. On 28th the DS sent an email saying there was some delay and wanted to setup a date for 31st. I was mulling over what choice of curse words to use to respond to that email and post here :) Before I could take action, I got an automated email saying production was complete. In the morning today (29th) I got a email from DS offering a pickup of 5pm today itself at the factory. I'm printing out the checklist right now and keeping my fingers crossed that I don't find any issues. Give me a perfect car and I'll forget about the frustration of the last 3.5 months. :)

Frustrated with lack of progress updates I sent a stinker on 22nd. The DS responded with a offer to setup "tentative" delivery date of 29th. It sounded suspiciously like just something to buy time but I agreed. On 28th the DS sent an email saying there was some delay and wanted to setup a date for 31st. I was mulling over what choice of curse words to use to respond to that email and post here :) Before I could take action, I got an automated email saying production was complete. In the morning today (29th) I got a email from DS offering a pickup of 5pm today itself at the factory. I'm printing out the checklist right now and keeping my fingers crossed that I don't find any issues. Give me a perfect car and I'll forget about the frustration of the last 3.5 months. :)
Best of luck to you! If you think of any curse words please let me know so I can put them in use lol

TL;DR:
  • Ordered on October 14th (2nd time around, wanted to wait for AP2)
  • Confirmed on October 21st
  • Modified Order and received VIN on October 22nd (to add new AP2 features at $2k premium)
  • Delivery Date sent on December 12th (had to modify this a few times because of trade-in and financing issues)
  • Vehicle delivered on December 23rd (7pm in the evening, no less! They are working overtime to get these delivered).
  • Got to enjoy the vehicle over the holiday weekend.
Unfortunately, the hatch came with some imperfections so I had to take it back for repair on 12/28. I did not want to refuse the car for the damage and have a chance that delivery (and my tax credit) would drag into 2017. Can't get it back soon enough!

PS - How do I figure out if my VIN is a 2016 or 2017? Unsure if this is even a thing, but I saw it mentioned in this thread . . .

Got my car delivered today! However, right after I drove out of Fremont Delivery Center, i got a tire pressure low warning. The Just another right turn to the service center. Turned out a screw damaged the tire, now waiting change of tire in service center.... :-/ total drive distance so far: 0.2 miles

Attachments

• IMG_2579.JPG
    IMG_2579.JPG
    321.8 KB · Views: 85
Got my car delivered today! However, right after I drove out of Fremont Delivery Center, i got a tire pressure low warning. The Just another right turn to the service center. Turned out a screw damaged the tire, now waiting change of tire in service center.... :-/ total drive distance so far: 0.2 miles

i pick up mine saturday! any other issues? miss aligned parts?

Reactions: 3s-a-charm
Did they charge you for the repair?!

DS called to say I can expect delivery Saturday.

MyTesla just updated that the car is built and in transit.

Update2: Just called DS and he said vehicle is not ready yet. Moved appointment to Friday. I'm completely disappointed on the customer service.
Final Update: DS just called and confirmed my appointment at 1 tomorrow! Finally can't wait to see my X and hopefully everything will be perfect. Best of luck 2016 to those who will be expecting to pick up tmr and sat!

Final Update: DS just called and confirmed my appointment at 1 tomorrow! Finally can't wait to see my X and hopefully everything will be perfect. Best of luck 2016 to those who will be expecting to pick up tmr and sat!
Mines was scheduled for later in the morning at 10am but supposedly it left transit yesterday evening so I had to reschedule to later today in the evening at 16:30....@Hollywood @ming any new updates for you guys?

My update is that the car is still in Chicago with no anticipated date to move. After 3+ weeks in production and now being stuck in transit, our early December delivery date has far been exceeded. This is the second Tesla that has been delivered to me significantly late (first one had a November delivery date at order and showed up in January) so at least my expectations were low. Unfortunately, we can't accept delivery until late January now, whenever it does show up. Disappointed but it's out of my hands. My DS has been great to deal with so no issues there.

Delivery appointment was yesterday. A beautiful blue MX 90D is in my garage. Very minor issue with alignment on the FWDs, they wrote up a due bill happily. My delivery agent, Evony, was super awesome. While they were updating the firmware to the latest, she took out a SP100DL they had on the lot and we launched it onto the highway. OMFG, I couldn't even handle the gut wrenching acceleration, and I was driving and expecting it. Super fun, but for me, I am glad my car can't rocket like that. I'd feel nauseous constantly from my weak stomach!

Did I say Evony, my Deliver Agent at the Brentwood, Tennessee store was super awesome, super patient, super helpful and super nice?

Gabe