Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my X at the factory today. First I want to thank everyone on the forums. Everyone here helps create an amazing community of folks who are super helpful to the entire process.

Two minor issues with the car, one was excess plastic (from the plastic wrap used to protect after production) stuck between where the back right inside door plastic meets the aluminum. They had to apparently take off a plastic piece to remove the excess. Second was a small smudge of paint near the drivers side door handle I got a due bill for to be fixed later at a SC. Other than that alignment is perfect and the doors work amazing, even properly handling my super low garage ceilings (see picture).

Went and used a supercharger tonight and was amazed at how quick it charged. So fast. Also, once you settle in to the drive and focus on the view through the giant sheet of glass in front of you, it feels like you are sitting front row to a huge movie screen to the world when you drive. Certainly a space ship and without a doubt cinematic.

Attachments

• IMG_2437.JPG
    IMG_2437.JPG
    323.6 KB · Views: 79
Picked up my car today! I'd like to thank everyone on this forum as well. It was great to be able to track everyone's progress and vent my frustrations. I think it would be a lot more frustrating without your updates to give me hope!

Overall my pickup was rushed as it's the end of year delivery I assume. They had plenty of cars, we only had about 20-30 minutes to inspect. We had several issues with our car.

1. Falcon wing door on the driver side doesn't close correctly. This door creeks when it opens or closes. When it closes it would hit the frame and then pull/slide off the frame then close. Has anyone else had a similar issue to this?

2. The passenger tail light has cracks in it and moisture was getting in.

3. The active spoiler might be misaligned, it creeks when it closes shut and appears that it might be scrapping the right pillar of the spoiler and damaging it.

4. Some glue left in the inside, this is relatively minor since it comes off the interior.

They noted everything in the due bill except the spoiler since I didn't notice it when we were inspecting our car.

Other than that the car is great and I've dropped it off at my detailer. Won't be driving the car for a few weeks until it's done, then hopefully back to SC to get these issues taken care of. I do look forward to getting the car back and driving it around! I can't wait after the brief period of driving it to the detailer.

Sorry not too many pictures cause we were kinda rushed out as they moved the new cars in while we were still there.

Attachments

• IMG_4193.JPG
    IMG_4193.JPG
    405.2 KB · Views: 64
Picked up my X at the factory today. First I want to thank everyone on the forums. Everyone here helps create an amazing community of folks who are super helpful to the entire process.

Two minor issues with the car, one was excess plastic (from the plastic wrap used to protect after production) stuck between where the back right inside door plastic meets the aluminum. They had to apparently take off a plastic piece to remove the excess. Second was a small smudge of paint near the drivers side door handle I got a due bill for to be fixed later at a SC. Other than that alignment is perfect and the doors work amazing, even properly handling my super low garage ceilings (see picture).

Went and used a supercharger tonight and was amazed at how quick it charged. So fast. Also, once you settle in to the drive and focus on the view through the giant sheet of glass in front of you, it feels like you are sitting front row to a huge movie screen to the world when you drive. Certainly a space ship and without a doubt cinematic.

Picked up mine at the factory like a day or two before you...had very similar issues like you with wrap stuck and paint imperfections. FWD are pretty aligned and was pretty happy....btw your car looks like mine :D it seems that you have those black 22"s and black interior!

On a black car is so easy to spot paint imperfections.....:(

Reactions: Sceeter
Picked up mines yesterday as well!! Minor issues with mines just like you said some plastic pieces stuck between random places no biggie, there was overspray possibly from clear coat on the fwd trimming, back driver bumper had some scuff marks came out with some elbow grease. No alighnments issues, no cracked lights, no swirls or sand marks. I was very pleased with my delivery the DS was so busy she had another person she was giving their delivery so we had a guy just worked there which surprisingly was the person that helped us with the test drive before we ordered!.

I will keep updating if there's anything else, my appointment was 4:30 and got pushed to 5 for finish touch up. It was worth it at the end though the car drives amazing, looks and feels great! I was showing around my parents since they live close to the SC. My car left with about 60% charge because they were trying to finish my car. So to devirginize my Tesla I SC since my parents live about 5 mins away!.

One last thing My Tesla app synced with the car maybe about an hour after we took delivery everything works great just trying to get use to the charging plug. Sorry not much pictures we spent about an 1.5 hrs and it still wasn't enough time:p.

Attachments

• IMG_5114.JPG
    IMG_5114.JPG
    422.9 KB · Views: 66
Other than that the car is great and I've dropped it off at my detailer. Won't be driving the car for a few weeks until it's done, then hopefully back to SC to get these issues taken care of. I do look forward to getting the car back and driving it around! I can't wait after the brief period of driving it to the detailer.

Can I ask what you are having done at the detailer?

@ming and @pchengMX So happy to see you both received your cars. I have remained on this thread after my delivery simply to follow your exploits. Normally I would drop now but I am also following @8XATL. His journey is a wild ride and I want to follow it to its conclusion.

Ming, was the picture you attached taken at Glistening Perfection? The parking lot looks familiar. Also, did you happen to see them working on a blue MX with white interior? If so, that one is mine. :)

Reactions: pchengMX
@Matt125 @FURY, like @HookBill I'm getting my car detailed at Glistening Perfection with Moe. I'm doing Xpel Ultimate full wrap, including the seat backs and CQuartz on top. Also getting CQuartz on the rims. I'm waiting to drive around first before I decide to get tinting on the windows.

He also installs the Dash Cams as well, and I may be getting the BlackVue dash cams installed too.

@HookBill, Hah the picture was taken at Moe's. Had to take it there cause they jam packed the service center with cars for delivery and rushed us out, I think they were doing 8+ at a time I think? They also had us in a weird spot so I couldn't get a full side shot while we were at the service center. I didn't see yours there, was it inside or did you pick up the car already? He mentioned that you were getting yours tinted next week (so I thought you picked yours up), I did see your car there when I came earlier in the week to drop off my deposit. :)

@Matt125 @FURY, like @HookBill I'm getting my car detailed at Glistening Perfection with Moe. I'm doing Xpel Ultimate full wrap, including the seat backs and CQuartz on top. Also getting CQuartz on the rims. I'm waiting to drive around first before I decide to get tinting on the windows.

He also installs the Dash Cams as well, and I may be getting the BlackVue dash cams installed too.

@HookBill, Hah the picture was taken at Moe's. Had to take it there cause they jam packed the service center with cars for delivery and rushed us out, I think they were doing 8+ at a time I think? They also had us in a weird spot so I couldn't get a full side shot while we were at the service center. I didn't see yours there, was it inside or did you pick up the car already? He mentioned that you were getting yours tinted next week (so I thought you picked yours up), I did see your car there when I came earlier in the week to drop off my deposit. :)
Ming, it is still there. They just finished the paint correction and should be moving on to the full wrap, CQUARTZ, and full interior detailing. Moe contacted me yesterday regarding tinting as he was looking for an R&D MX to trial Huper Optiks on the front windshield. I, like you, we're going to do a wait-and-see on the tinting but he was offering a great discount to have it done as it will be a development installation so I couldn't pass it up. We decided to just do all the windows too so that is where we are at this point in time. Second week in January is the completion timeframe right now. I'll probably see yours there when I pick up mine. Two ships passing in the night. :p

Took Delivery on my X yesterday. Everything is looking good so far. It was also really busy at my showroom, so we got the run through within an hour. Everything seemed to be working great, but then I seem to have some phantom objects that won't allow the drivers door and driver FWD to open properly. So I may have to have that checked out. Also there is a little bit of moisture in one of the tail lights. Other than that, things SEEM to be working okay so far. I hope they continue. It is certainly a different driving experience.

@ming and @pchengMX So happy to see you both received your cars. I have remained on this thread after my delivery simply to follow your exploits. Normally I would drop now but I am also following @8XATL. His journey is a wild ride and I want to follow it to its conclusion.

Ming, was the picture you attached taken at Glistening Perfection? The parking lot looks familiar. Also, did you happen to see them working on a blue MX with white interior? If so, that one is mine. :)
Thanks and it is a really big relief. I am too still following @8XATL and @hollywood hoping they get theirs pretty soon. How long does it take to complete the cowl wrap? I'm thinking to go with it as well but it's a big chunk of money to invest in so I might hold off on it for now. Please keep us updated I am wanting to see the outcome!

Also forgot to mention at night driving no ghosting which I was probably the most concern because of safety at night driving for my wife and I.