Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A delivery appointment finally. This has been an exercise in patience.
I'm excited, and I believe that it will be worth the wait.
Titanium 90D 6 seat, tan seats, light interior and Figured Ash, eventually checked all of the options.

7/15: Ordered and requested an early Nov delivery
7/23 Order confirmed
8/28 VIN assigned 19xxx
10/27: Upgraded from Autipilot 1 SW to Enhanced Auto-Pilot
11/16: Entered Production
12/8: Added Full Self-Driving
12/8 Securd financing with Alliant
12/11 Your Tesla is complete (email)
12/11 My Tesla updated to "Your vehicle has been built and is in transit"
12/15: Deliver Manager called to schedule my delivery for 12/22

I agree that MyTesla lags with updates. My delivery manager told me that the car is scheduled to arrive on 12/20.

got an email yesterday evening saying our X is completed and being prepared for delivery, holly cow that was fast!
placed order: 11/23/16
confirmed: 11/25/16
entered production according to my Tesla: today 12/11/16
confirmed finished via email: 12/14/16 mytesla says it's still in production.

Still waiting for updates here. Messages left for DS and Fremont. Was told end of this week, but nothing yet.

Ordered Oct 2. In production since Nov 9.
36 days and counting.

Something's wrong and the frustration is mounting.

75D in Bayarea, CA
order placed: 11/14/16
confirmed: 11/15/16
entered production (mytesla): 12/12/16
production complete (email): 12/15/16

so excited now!!!
That's so quick! I am also living in Bay Area, my 90D entered production since 12/7, but still not complete. Not sure if it can be delivered by end of this year :-(

Mine entered production on the 12th too, not done yet. I never got an email that it started production just an update on my Tesla page.

Delivered today! Had a blast from the limited time I had with it..

Everything was fine until a couple hours after I left...

All of my headlights and taillights have moisture stuck inside of them. It was not noticeable at delivery because the car was warm and inside. Outside in the 0 degree weather the moisture frosted up on both headlights and tail lights. See attached pics... something's definitely not right there.

The driver side perpetually is detecting an obstacle and therefore won't open falcon wing door or driver door on driver side. I have tried in many different locations completely out in the open. Any idea? Sensors need calibration? It's 0 degrees F outside. It seemed work when we were in the delivery center, but once it got really cold it's failing. Possible moisture in the sensors freezing (wondering a lot about moisture after all my headlight issues)

Firmware on the car is the older version of 8.0 still (2.46) without the newer AP2 features such as the auto headlamps/ultrasonics. I asked them to push down 2.48 and a service tech showed up with a computer and did something. They said they had set it up to receive the update but I am still waiting for it to show up now (it's on wifi).

Looked at the trim fit and finish. Is it perfect? Not quite, but pretty decent. There are a few imperfections in alignment but it doesn't bother me at all -- that's not why I bought a Tesla and I knew there were probably going to be some imperfections going into it this (we're early adopters).

As long as they are prompt at taking care of my real issues (and give me a performance loaner!!) I won't be too grumpy about driving another 150 miles to fix it.

IMG_2367.jpg IMG_2358.jpg IMG_2369.jpg IMG_2371.jpg IMG_2373.jpg

I also picked mine up today! It was lots of fun to drive. I had several friends and neighbors tell me it felt like they were sitting in a space ship! It is amazing how many people in Texas still have never even heard of a Tesla Model X.

All of my headlights and taillights have moisture stuck inside of them. It was not noticeable at delivery because the car was warm and inside.]

I had the same issue as @deque with moisture in my tail lights. All looked good at the delivery center inside but once I got it home, all of them had lots of condensation inside. I am in Houston, so at least the condensation was water and not ice.

Other issues included the chrome plates to open the driver side front and back doors did not line up and we had about 4 or 5 paint chips. Everything else appeared to be in good shape.

Interesting observation about My Tesla statuses versus e-mails versus what the DS has been communicating. I got an e-mail back on 11/30 saying production was complete and it stayed in production complete on My Tesla up until today (12/15). Now the vehicle says "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory". The delivery timeframe also updated - showing a range that is about a week earlier (went from 1/4 to 12/28 at the high end range). DS also confirmed today my vehicle was in transit - new delivery date of 12/22 scheduled (from 12/15 originally).

Reason I bring this up is the DS also mentioned a new process - the cars are now inspected and fixed up at the factory versus happening at the SC. My current theory is the following happens:
Order placed - e-mail sent
Order confirmed - e-mail sent
"In Production Queue" (on My Tesla) - e-mail sent with VIN
"In Production" (on My Tesla) - e-mail sent
"Production Complete" (not listed on My Tesla) - e-mail sent (DS extrapolates delivery date based on this)
Vehicle inspected at factory before transit - no e-mail sent (timeframe TBD based on how the inspection/fixes go)
"...in transit from the factory" (on My Tesla) - no e-mail sent
???
Profit!

Can anyone else back this up? Pretty sure that is what happened to my car - if that is the case it isn't that the status on "My Tesla" is out of date (per the jokes on this thread), but it may just not show every step in the process.
Pretty similar to mine...Same bat time, same bat channel.

View attachment 205829 I just received my Model X yesterday and love the car but I am quite surprised how bad the delivery has gone. I live 5 hours from the nearest service center so they delivered the car to me. The delivery was done by a transport driver, so he didn't know anything about the car, but was very nice. I received no phone call from the "delivery team" confirming that I received the car. I placed a call to them with questions about the car, and still no call back. Additionally, the cars center console is broken and there is a pronounced wind noise from the drivers side door. I love the car, but I'm very concerned about the service. I used to think this direct sales was a good idea, but now I really wish I had a dealership to call and talk to. I'm not sure what to do!
Love your X and your garage!

Well, today was the big day. I took delivery of my MX 90D at the Las Vegas service center. While the process of getting my lease agreement emailed to me over the last couple of days was a hassle, they are obviously burning the midnight oil trying to get lots of vehicles delivered before EOY. My DS emailed me at 12:15 a.m. to let me know I'd have my lease paperwork loaded to My Tesla this morning. At 8 a.m. I had the lease paperwork in My Tesla as promised.

The service center was BUZZING today with all the deliveries, however I was extremely impressed at how well they stayed on schedule. Everyone I interacted with was extremely professional. A funny thing is that they had this contracted notary walking around notarizing DMV paperwork. She had a handbag on her shoulder, and I thought she was a customer. She came up to me and introduced herself as "the notary." Was odd, but whatever it takes to get Teslas delivered.

There was a truck fully loaded unloading new deliveries while I was waiting on my DS.

Now on to the experience:

I will say that I had in my mind what I expected from the delivery, and I quickly realized I was going to have to cut them a little slack because they were literally drinking from a fire hose with multiple deliveries. So things like a sign with my name on it was not posted in the delivery area. The couple taking delivery next to me had theirs posted. Mine was on the top of the stack of paperwork, so I got the "Oh, and welcome to the Tesla family" welcome. That aside, the delivery team was AMAZING. My DS was busy with the other couple, so an amazing guy named Alex gave me my walkthrough. He was extremely thorough, and was intuitive enough to realize when he was going over something I had already researched. He answered all of my questions and was a true professional in every sense. I did take "the checklist" with me and he was so patient with me going through it at the end.

And now to the topic everyone is waiting for - Trim, Fit & Finish...

I have to admit that this is what I was most nervous about. I have to say, my MX 90D is as near perfect as I can imagine. Honestly, I haven't been able to find anything wrong with it (and I'm knocking on every piece of wood I can find.) Might the door handles be misaligned by a half a centimeter? Possibly, but I honestly think everything looks great. All the doors operate as expected, there is no loose trim, and the interior is flawless. I'm not sure where the issues others have experienced come into play, but I am happy as can be.

The entire process took about an hour, and I spent the rest of the day trying to figure out the little nuances, like the weird feeling when you walk away from the vehicle, wondering "are the doors really locked?"

One thing that did surprise me is that they said my Tesla App won't recognize the vehicle for 24-48 hours. It almost seems like they are so backed up with paperwork that something with the paperwork finalization triggers the app to talk to the vehicle. In fact, I took delivery at noon today and it is now 7:30 and the My Tesla page online still shows that I owe the downpayment. You'd really think they'd have these simple technology things worked out.

In any case, I'm the proud new owner of a beautiful Model X and couldn't be happier. Best of luck to all of you who are in queue.

(Sorry for the bad lighting on the front of the MX in the photo. They had the roll-up door open and it didn't help the photo situation.)

Attachments

• IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    303.6 KB · Views: 71
Well, today was the big day. I took delivery of my MX 90D at the Las Vegas service center. While the process of getting my lease agreement emailed to me over the last couple of days was a hassle, they are obviously burning the midnight oil trying to get lots of vehicles delivered before EOY. My DS emailed me at 12:15 a.m. to let me know I'd have my lease paperwork loaded to My Tesla this morning. At 8 a.m. I had the lease paperwork in My Tesla as promised.

The service center was BUZZING today with all the deliveries, however I was extremely impressed at how well they stayed on schedule. Everyone I interacted with was extremely professional. A funny thing is that they had this contracted notary walking around notarizing DMV paperwork. She had a handbag on her shoulder, and I thought she was a customer. She came up to me and introduced herself as "the notary." Was odd, but whatever it takes to get Teslas delivered.

There was a truck fully loaded unloading new deliveries while I was waiting on my DS.

Now on to the experience:

I will say that I had in my mind what I expected from the delivery, and I quickly realized I was going to have to cut them a little slack because they were literally drinking from a fire hose with multiple deliveries. So things like a sign with my name on it was not posted in the delivery area. The couple taking delivery next to me had theirs posted. Mine was on the top of the stack of paperwork, so I got the "Oh, and welcome to the Tesla family" welcome. That aside, the delivery team was AMAZING. My DS was busy with the other couple, so an amazing guy named Alex gave me my walkthrough. He was extremely thorough, and was intuitive enough to realize when he was going over something I had already researched. He answered all of my questions and was a true professional in every sense. I did take "the checklist" with me and he was so patient with me going through it at the end.

And now to the topic everyone is waiting for - Trim, Fit & Finish...

I have to admit that this is what I was most nervous about. I have to say, my MX 90D is as near perfect as I can imagine. Honestly, I haven't been able to find anything wrong with it (and I'm knocking on every piece of wood I can find.) Might the door handles be misaligned by a half a centimeter? Possibly, but I honestly think everything looks great. All the doors operate as expected, there is no loose trim, and the interior is flawless. I'm not sure where the issues others have experienced come into play, but I am happy as can be.

The entire process took about an hour, and I spent the rest of the day trying to figure out the little nuances, like the weird feeling when you walk away from the vehicle, wondering "are the doors really locked?"

One thing that did surprise me is that they said my Tesla App won't recognize the vehicle for 24-48 hours. It almost seems like they are so backed up with paperwork that something with the paperwork finalization triggers the app to talk to the vehicle. In fact, I took delivery at noon today and it is now 7:30 and the My Tesla page online still shows that I owe the downpayment. You'd really think they'd have these simple technology things worked out.

In any case, I'm the proud new owner of a beautiful Model X and couldn't be happier. Best of luck to all of you who are in queue.

(Sorry for the bad lighting on the front of the MX in the photo. They had the roll-up door open and it didn't help the photo situation.)
Thank you for this delivery review - Very interesting! I'm loving all of the MXs I'm seeing here but I must say, silver is hands down, the most beautiful exterior. Congratulations!!

Reactions: vrykolas
Picked my 90D from the factory today. It was the craziest stormiest Bay Area day in a long time, so things were actually chill in Fremont.
Was the car perfect? Nope. In fact, I was warned by a DS (mine never showed up) that they had detected some issues. Two of the windows had fine scratches on them, and there was a small scratch on the hood. The Alcantara on one of the pillards had an issue. A seal above the FWD was a little off. All this is already scheduled for repair, but I was given the option of doing it at the factory and waiting another hour. I skipped the immediate fix to avoid traffic.

This said, everything else is perfect. Alignment on doors and panels and chromes was right on. Everything works perfectly. No wind noise or rattles. The windshield has no ghosting, even at night. Car is a blast to drive, even in a down pour. Very surefooted. Looks great. Pretty happy!

Reactions: PedanticOne
I am also from San Diego and my car has been in production for 13 days now... who is your DS? Mines Jackie and she said she's confident that it'll get delivered before Christmas but I'm not too sure now.... you should check my Tesla and it should tell you if it's in production or not... Maybe Model X is having issues coming to San Diego? Apparently there's someone picking up delivery this Friday in the model S section...

My DS is Kiley and he has already told me the car completed production on or around the 4th of December. The vehicle then has apparently sat in post-production quality control before it is to be packed up and shipped down to San Diego. What I'm trying to figure out is how everyone on here knows exactly when their car started production....