Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah! That explains it! I have never received a single email from the Tesla mothership. The only communication I have ever received is by phone call from someone at Tesla about the whole coil suspension cluster bleep and then once I agreed kicking and screaming to go with SUS I then started hearing from the DS. Since I never received any emails about when production of our X75D started I have no idea how long it was in production. Been told that production is complete and just waiting for car to be shipped and delivered.

So on the topic of delivery I was over in the area of the service center here in San Diego this afternoon while running over to Harbor Freight Tools and thought I would swing by the service center see if there happened to be any Model X's that matched out order. There were quite a few freshly shipped Model S's sitting around all encased in their deliver white plastic coverings. And while I did not see any Model X that matched my order (grey/white) there were a few others including a grey Model X 75D with black interior. Took a few pics...
Thanks for sharing I was hoping to see ours too (red/black) but sadly I did not....I really hope to hear from DS this week.... good luck to yours too!

I actually looked specifically for your car while I was there but the only red Model X's were a red Signature Edition and a regular red AP1 version, both likely there for service.
I was thinking to stalk our DS later today since I'm in the area but it won't change since you've done it for me already. I am really being hopeful in the next few days to get something.... any status on yours? @abikepeddler

Last edited:
Good to know. Picking up my X next week in Austin but the 6 seat floor mats are never available online. Any other way to get it?
My service center had them in stock when I picked up my X last week. Call yours and see if they can put them aside for you if they have them. That way you can have them put it in and if you don't like how they fit just don't buy them.

Looks like my "My Tesla" self updated again, not sure when since I hadn't received any heads up email. It reads "Estimated Delivery Range: December 26, 2016 - January 2, 2017".

So far as I know, my DS set me up with our pickup appointment on 12/26.

Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 10.13.43 AM.png

IMG_5036.jpg
Looks like my "My Tesla" self updated again, not sure when since I hadn't received any heads up email. It reads "Estimated Delivery Range: December 26, 2016 - January 2, 2017".

So far as I know, my DS set me up with our pickup appointment on 12/26.

View attachment 206564
Mines never even had a date.... very frustrating.... DS doesn't even have a scheduled date all she knows is supposedly it's complete production just going through quality control and waiting to be assigned a truck....

View attachment 206570
Mines never even had a date.... very frustrating.... DS doesn't even have a scheduled date all she knows is supposedly it's complete production just going through quality control and waiting to be assigned a truck....

Same here...have been refreshing the page forever and hope that it will magically change the status but now I know that is very unlikely to happen soon. I feel like we need to make a group report about this...

Reactions: pchengMX
View attachment 206570

Yea, this is my story as well. Car has supposedly completed production as was communicated to me in an email from my DS here in San Diego: "...car has completed production and now is awaiting final post-production quality control which could take 2 days or 10 days..." That email was December 4th. I am not hand wringing over the car itself as I am not as passionate about it as many of you but I AM hand wringing on taking delivery prior to years end as I want to take advantage of the $7500 Fed Income Tax break on our 2016 taxes. We leave for a ski vacation on the 26th and do not return until 2017 so... get me the damn car Tesla! GET ME THE CAR! Funny thing is if the MX arrives just prior to our leaving town our new car is just going to sit in the driveway until we return home. All that angst just so the car can sit. What a weird car purchase this has turned out to be. Order the car Feb 26th, wait 10 months for it to show up...

Nothing new to report but I'm really worried right now. It's really disheartening to hear that ever single MX has door alignment issues. So, now I'm just expecting it to be the same with mine and I'll just have to deal with it if I want the vehicle that bad. 8 days to go...

Nothing new to report but I'm really worried right now. It's really disheartening to hear that ever single MX has door alignment issues. So, now I'm just expecting it to be the same with mine and I'll just have to deal with it if I want the vehicle that bad. 8 days to go...

Yeah I hear you on that. This being my first "luxury" vehicle, the recent posts don't for the most part bode well :(

I even combed through past threads to see if anyone on the forum had refused/declined delivery due to cosmetic blemishes/misalignments, and what the consequent ramifications were!

I still want the X, but I shouldn't be made to feel this way about such a huge purchase :mad:

Reactions: 8XATL and vrykolas
Yeah I hear you on that. This being my first "luxury" vehicle, the recent posts don't for the most part bode well :(

I even combed through past threads to see if anyone on the forum had refused/declined delivery due to cosmetic blemishes/misalignments, and what the consequent ramifications were!

I still want the X, but I shouldn't be made to feel this way about such a huge purchase :mad:

Amen to that!

My car was on its way as of last week. Last night DS said it had reached New Mexico on the train to Chicago. The estimated delivery dates are Dec. 27-Jan. 10. They wanted to know if I could take delivery between Christmas and New Years which I said I could accommodate. This may have factored in to the quick shipping given the end of quarter delivery rush. I pre-booked delivery on Dec. 27 but DS though that may be on the early side.

Awesome! Enjoy! Mine has been sitting there for awhile, not in transit.