Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really sorry to hear it's still in production! Mine finally shipped on Sunday after 30 days of production. DS said will arrive with Santa (I guess) this weekend. Is your MX multi coat Red?

Yes it is. Someone mentioned that if the car needs to get repainted, it could take 2 weeks. I'm trying to grasp at possible reasons that the car is taking so long. For now, I'm going to guess a paint issue.

Looks like my "My Tesla" self updated again, not sure when since I hadn't received any heads up email. It reads "Estimated Delivery Range: December 26, 2016 - January 2, 2017".

So far as I know, my DS set me up with our pickup appointment on 12/26.

View attachment 206564
Our cars are probably on the same truck.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-12-19 21.28.45.png
    Screenshot 2016-12-19 21.28.45.png
    136.7 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: DiamondHands
According to my DS, our 75D is scheduled to be in SoCal 12/22 with a 12/26 delivery date scheduled. However, the website and emails are seemingly detached from each other. On the website, it says December-early January delivery with the car in production since 12/9 and the emails skipped over updating production status to the "confirm delivery appointment" part. I think the DS is triggering the latter by inputting delivery appointments.

Probably. Picked up Sunday in Burbank. MyTesla relatively accurate for me but a tad delayed. I received no automated email after order confirmation other than confirming appt and loan application. No production queue, scheduled for production, production complete and in transit, etc. Kept using DS as point of contact via email which I felt was more current than MyTesla and the nonexistent auto emails.

Although I was doubtful since the lack of information online/emails, I felt once they set a pick up appt that they are relatively certain your car will be there by that date - although I understand there are several members with moving confirmed appts.

According to my DS, our 75D is scheduled to be in SoCal 12/22 with a 12/26 delivery date scheduled. However, the website and emails are seemingly detached from each other. On the website, it says December-early January delivery with the car in production since 12/9 and the emails skipped over updating production status to the "confirm delivery appointment" part. I think the DS is triggering the latter by inputting delivery appointments.
I hope it falls under the same for San Diego customers because this is ridiculous see other not run into issues but those of us that are stuck in production have no clue as to what is going on besides trying to go with what the DS is telling us. Even they are not even giving us definite answers.

@hollywood I use to paint cars and even a minor paint correction does not take 2 weeks to do. Even if it comes down to a tri level coat as to what I am assuming the Multicoat Red is consist of. If anything I would assume our issues is with these issues from my theory of scouring around the forums:

#1 Sourcing parts
#2 Quality issues, (i.e. misalignment,seals, noise, fitment.)
#3 Paint correction.
#4 Additions upgrade
#5 Software (highly unlikely)

Last edited:
Probably. Picked up Sunday in Burbank. MyTesla relatively accurate for me but a tad delayed. I received no automated email after order confirmation other than confirming appt and loan application. No production queue, scheduled for production, production complete and in transit, etc. Kept using DS as point of contact via email which I felt was more current than MyTesla and the nonexistent auto emails.

Although I was doubtful since the lack of information online/emails, I felt once they set a pick up appt that they are relatively certain your car will be there by that date - although I understand there are several members with moving confirmed appts.
that's good it worked out for you and congrats!!. Although it's frustrating still when my DS tells me it'll be delivered before Christmas but she has yet to even set a date or even schedule a appointment for delivery...I would assume with all the new Tesla news that they will be extremely busy. I drove by the SC yesterday and they had massive amounts of vehicles. It looked as if there was a truck that just dropped off some cars.

• If anything I would assume our issues is with these issues from my theory of scouring around the forums:

#1 Sourcing parts
    #2 Quality issues, i.e. misalignment
    #3 Paint correction.
    #4 Additions upgrade
    #5 Software (highly unlikely)
#1 Sourcing parts
This may be a reason although I've seen P90Ds start production after mine go through completion. Again, it's a rare car now, so this could be likely nonetheless.
41 days in production, you could make the MX five times over. If they are sending this and paint to another department that's backlogged, I could see it as a possibility.
#3 Paint correction. As above
#4 Additions upgrade
Everything seems standard. I did get all upgrades but sound. I heard the tow package can add a level of complication in build?
#5 Software
I did order full AP, but nothing is out yet, so that couldn't be it. What if the system OS is acting up, like a blue screen of death and they can't figure it out. Maybe they keep replacing parts of the computer to get to the bottom of it. This could be a reason, a stretch, but plausible.

Reactions: pchengMX
that's good it worked out for you and congrats!!. Although it's frustrating still when my DS tells me it'll be delivered before Christmas but she has yet to even set a date or even schedule a appointment for delivery...I would assume with all the new Tesla news that they will be extremely busy. I drove by the SC yesterday and they had massive amounts of vehicles. It looked as if there was a truck that just dropped off some cars.

Thanks. I am keeping hope alive for you guys as well. I have been trolling the site for a while and appreciate all the collective information as well as the stressful situations you guys are in now.

FWIW, when I picked up I was told SC are double booking pick up appointments on the hour every hour from open to close all the way up to 12/31. The Burbank garage had room for at least 3 to 4 simultaneous pick ups. I am just saying once it starts it's a whirlwind and it will be over before you know it. (It just needs to get there)

Reactions: pchengMX
#1 Sourcing parts
This may be a reason although I've seen P90Ds start production after mine go through completion. Again, it's a rare car now, so this could be likely nonetheless.
41 days in production, you could make the MX five times over. If they are sending this and paint to another department that's backlogged, I could see it as a possibility.
#3 Paint correction. As above
#4 Additions upgrade
Everything seems standard. I did get all upgrades but sound. I heard the tow package can add a level of complication in build?
#5 Software
I did order full AP, but nothing is out yet, so that couldn't be it. What if the system OS is acting up, like a blue screen of death and they can't figure it out. Maybe they keep replacing parts of the computer to get to the bottom of it. This could be a reason, a stretch, but plausible.
Agreed i think this applies to all of us that is in the loop of trying to figure out whats going on too.....I think I will contact my DS again later before she leaves for the day....

Thanks. I am keeping hope alive for you guys as well. I have been trolling the site for a while and appreciate all the collective information as well as the stressful situations you guys are in now.

FWIW, when I picked up I was told SC are double booking pick up appointments on the hour every hour from open to close all the way up to 12/31. The Burbank garage had room for at least 3 to 4 simultaneous pick ups. I am just saying once it starts it's a whirlwind and it will be over before you know it. (It just needs to get there)
Thanks appreciate it and hearing from you I think gives us some light that maybe they"ll pull through....some how I hope. Also welcome!!

Probably!

Looking forward to comparing notes on our beauties :)
This will be our second X. We took delivery of our Sig X on 12/23/2015. We were fortunate to be one of the very first Signature deliveries and have loved every minute with the car.

My wife and I were always racing to see who would get out of the house first so we could take the X, so we just decided to buy another one.

This will be our second X. We took delivery of our Sig X on 12/23/2015. We were fortunate to be one of the very first Signature deliveries and have loved every minute with the car.

My wife and I were always racing to see who would get out of the house first so we could take the X, so we just decided to buy another one.

My wife's already called dibs on the maiden voyage home from the SC, maiden voyage to the grocery store, and maiden long distance voyage :mad:

Just delivered today (details in December delivery spreadsheet).
I'll create a longer review later, but here are my first impressions from delivery to 1/2 day of ownership.

I took the Delivery checklist with me, but I didn't cover everything line by line. I wanted to enjoy the delivery, but also make sure the 'big' cosmetic stuff was checked before leaving so I didn't get blamed for 'causing it' after delivery.

Summary: Amazing first impressions! We were all in love and I'm itching to take a road-trip immediately! No rattles, FWD work flawlessly EVEN with low-hanging garage door while open.

Overall: I was very nervous the night before. After reading the forums, reading horror stories, and knowing this is the end-of-quarter AND end-of-year rush for deliveries... BUT, I was SURPRISINGLY impressed. Delivery was fairly calm, took about 1 hour (as scheduled). Nothing was rushed, it was very relaxed. There were 3 simultaneous deliveries in the Dallas SC.

Good:
  • DS in Dallas was great! They were very accommodating and friendly. They didn't rush us and encouraged us to look over the entire vehicle in and out.
  • (I'm putting this in 'good' section): There were a few VERY minor cosmetic items. A single small paint blemish (2mm in an almost-hidden section of front fender) which I didn't see on initial pass.
  • Otherwise, paint was immaculate!
  • Wheels were perfect!
  • Fit & Finish was almost perfect. All doors aligned perfectly and opened/closed perfectly
  • Acceleration: amazing, MUCH better than 75D, I wasn't expecting such a big difference! I noticed no 'chatter' (reported on other threads)

Minor:
  • 1 single stitch on 2nd row headrest was loose about 2 mm (very minor, will get it cleaned up in the future.
  • 1 small piece of metal tape (maybe 2mm sticking out and visible when right-side FWD was open, near roof). They acknowledged the problem and fixed it on the spot.
  • There was one very minor misalignment of brightwork/chrome on top of left FWD. It was purely cosmetic, and my wife didn't even notice. Maybe I'm being anal. It was so minor (maybe 1-2 mm off). It didn't affect the aligment of the door/frame at all. DS said they could try to adjust it, but it might not make it much better (because it was so minor). No one else will likely notice it.

Bad: NOTHING