Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of our 90D today in Bellevue, WA. There were a couple other deliveries happening at the same time (including a gorgeous all-black Model S).

Overall, as painless as we expected. They buffed out some glaring swirls, including some scuffed trim (mostly buffed out.. any further and they'd be risking going through the chrome -- it's acceptable now, at least, and not obvious). They got some truck-driver hand-print cleaned out as well, and we're scheduled for some adjustments to the fitment of the rear hatch and the doors.

The worst issue, though -- one which requires replacement and repair -- involved chipped glass on the headlamps, windshield, and driver-side pillar. Apparently rocks were launching themselves at my car. Not happy about that, but they are taking care of it. Probably worth adding that to the checklist. These were easy to miss, but once we saw the ones on the pillar (the easiest to see), the others started to be noticed.

Reactions: Bgarret
Dude I was!!! Love that you knew that!
Yeah, I have a knack for that. I'm pretty good with tv shows and movies too - Even though I don't watch a lot of either, I can usually identify a location when I see it IF I've been there, such as Stranger Things and The Walking Dead. Anyway, I got a call from someone new today, stating that my MX isn't actually there yet but that we were definitely all set for delivery this coming Tuesdayo_O. I'm really losing track of all of the guys I've corresponded with there but they all seem pretty professional.

Ordered 11/20
Confirmed 11/21
VIN Assigned 11/22 (309xx)
Production Started 12/13 (My Tesla)
Estimate Delivery "Late Dec-Early Jan"
Production Completed 12/16
DS confirmed delivery for 12/27
Car in Transit from Factory on 12/18 (My Tesla)
Estimate Delivery changed to December 21-28 (My Tesla)
Requested DS for earlier delivery
DS gave me pickup option for 12/21 or 12/22 with many time slot availablity
Confirmed new delivery date for 12/21 morning slot
MX arrived at SC/ undergoing preperation for delivery on 12/19 (My Tesla)
Picked up my MX + swag bag today 12/21!!!
Went through the checklist and did not find any issues with alignment, damage, etc!

Reactions: leletyM3
Ordered 11/20
Confirmed 11/21
VIN Assigned 11/22 (309xx)
Production Started 12/13 (My Tesla)
Estimate Delivery "Late Dec-Early Jan"
Production Completed 12/16
DS confirmed delivery for 12/27
Car in Transit from Factory on 12/18 (My Tesla)
Estimate Delivery changed to December 21-28 (My Tesla)
Requested DS for earlier delivery
DS gave me pickup option for 12/21 or 12/22 with many time slot availablity
Confirmed new delivery date for 12/21 morning slot
MX arrived at SC/ undergoing preperation for delivery on 12/19 (My Tesla)
Picked up my MX + swag bag today 12/21!!!
Went through the checklist and did not find any issues with alignment, damage, etc!

Was it a 2016 or 2017 VIN. Mine entered in production on 12/20 they are pushing for a December delivery....I hope they are not rushing to get it done, I hope mine will be without issues, alignment, or imperfections....

Was it a 2016 or 2017 VIN. Mine entered in production on 12/20 they are pushing for a December delivery....I hope they are not rushing to get it done, I hope mine will be without issues, alignment, or imperfections....
Once you're assigned a VIN you will know if it'll be a 2017 or if it'll arrive next week. Normally you won't know until your order is confirmed and it takes about a week for you to do any changes.

@pchengMX, I called my DS today, they said that my car is at the tail end of production and should be done any day now. Still expected for December delivery, so you know. The usual "any day" now response no matter which step you talk to them about..
Same here my DS went ahead and booked my wife and I in because she was giving them a ear full for delaying our delivery from November till now without a clue on what's going on...

[ QUOTE="pchengMX, post: 1881181, member: 51235"]I wish I can afford it but can they deferred the delivery I know they usually give you a week? How long are you gone?[/QUOTE]I

I leave Dec 26th to Jan 1st skiing with the family... So the DS/SC has today (22nd) and tomorrow (23rd) to deliver this car to us unless they are working on Christmas Eve day. I'm officially getting pissed off as they asked and were told of our end of year time constraint numerous times beginning sometime in September. And like many of you, promises were made of late November/early December delivery time frames that never materialized. This simply would not be such a big deal if communication were better... I'm talking to you TESLA! If this agreement to by a car from you were a marriage it would be headed for a few pre-paid therapy sessions at the very least. You told me to get my financing in order back in November as the cars delivery was "imminent" and yet here we continue to sit, nearly 30 DAYS LATER, on a car loan large enough that would put me into the driver's seat of a nice 63' Corvette Split Window Coupe or a 80's Renault R5 Turbo And those cars will do something your cars will not.... Appreciate in value! Telsa, pull your heads out of your flux capacitor and communicate with us! Don't B.S. us with promised delivery target dates and a website tracking apparatus (My Tesla) that is as accurate and up to date as my teenagers school agenda. If you fail to get me this car by years end it puts us in a needlessly complex tax situation for 2017. Others have complained about having to wait 90 days for their car after order confirmation. We have waited 10 months! Enough is enough...

Same here my DS went ahead and booked my wife and I in because she was giving them a ear full for delaying our delivery from November till now without a clue on what's going on...
I know where you're coming from but in my case, it's a good thing that my wife is too pissed to have a direct conversation with them. She sounded off "WTF, guys???" in the background during one of my conversations with them but that's about it. Seriously though, I wouldn't want to be working at Tesla right now. I can't begin to fathom how much pressure they are under with all of the year-end deliveries.

Reactions: pchengMX
Seriously though, I wouldn't want to be working at Tesla right now. I can't begin to fathom how much pressure they are under with all of the year-end deliveries.

Although I get the amount of pressure they're going through. They wouldn't be having so many problems if they were just honest and open with their customers. We've done our due diligence with them and even forked over $2500 to start the process. The least they can do is be honest and tell us where our car is in the production schedule and if we're realistically going to get the car in 2016 or not. There's 8 days left now and they're only going to get more frustrated customers if they keep giving vague blanket statements.

Just got off the phone with San Diego Delivery Center. They are now telling me that we are looking at a Jan 4th to 14th delivery. (MX75D ordered Feb 26th) I was irritated to say the least but I told the DS I was understanding of all the cars they are trying to get into customers hands prior to the end of the year. But, but, BUT!!! I also told them that some communication would go a long way towards lowering expectations. If Tesla would have simply sent out an email stating: "We at Tesla strive to deliver cutting edge driving safety and technology. Along with that comes delays caused by many different factors. We appreciate all of our customers patience as we continue to create and produce these cutting edge technologies..." yada yada. But I have never received a single email from Tesla. Not one. Not one telling my car is in production. Not one saying it is in transit. Nothing. Crickets. So now Tesla is pushing something called "Direct Delivery" where the customer signs the paperwork and pays for the car now (so as to take advantage of the $7500 tax credit during the 2016 tax year) and then when the car comes (presumably in 2017... but who knows...) they deliver it to your home or workplace. But as another poster previously mentioned, if you pay for and sign paperwork for the car and that car is damaged in transit you, not Tesla, would likely be liable. We that sucks. Of course the DS says that Tesla would rectify any damage or issue to the car regardless of if you took legal ownership prior to it's arrival and I am sure they would be standup about it but still.... not very calming knowing your $100+ thing is hurdling down the road with all liability landing on you, the customer.

Just got off the phone with San Diego Delivery Center. They are now telling me that we are looking at a Jan 4th to 14th delivery. (MX75D ordered Feb 26th) I was irritated to say the least but I told the DS I was understanding of all the cars they are trying to get into customers hands prior to the end of the year. But, but, BUT!!! I also told them that some communication would go a long way towards lowering expectations. If Tesla would have simply sent out an email stating: "We at Tesla strive to deliver cutting edge driving safety and technology. Along with that comes delays caused by many different factors. We appreciate all of our customers patience as we continue to create and produce these cutting edge technologies..." yada yada. But I have never received a single email from Tesla. Not one. Not one telling my car is in production. Not one saying it is in transit. Nothing. Crickets. So now Tesla is pushing something called "Direct Delivery" where the customer signs the paperwork and pays for the car now (so as to take advantage of the $7500 tax credit during the 2016 tax year) and then when the car comes (presumably in 2017... but who knows...) they deliver it to your home or workplace. But as another poster previously mentioned, if you pay for and sign paperwork for the car and that car is damaged in transit you, not Tesla, would likely be liable. We that sucks. Of course the DS says that Tesla would rectify any damage or issue to the car regardless of if you took legal ownership prior to it's arrival and I am sure they would be standup about it but still.... not very calming knowing your $100+ thing is hurdling down the road with all liability landing on you, the customer.

The real reason they want you to sign and pay is for their financial numbers. They don't give an F about tax credits. In fact, you may not get the credit if not registered in your name prior to Dec 31. They of course won't tell you that, it's about numbers.

Would be great if someone could verify this.

That's probably a question best out to your CPA on whether it is purchased and being put into use in 2016 per the language of the federal EV credit. I would think this has happened in prior years for the exact same reasons....anyone with historical knowledge?

The last time I called my DS (few days ago) he said I will "definitely" get my X in December. Is verbal promise considered a formal contract? If so what can I do if there's a breach of contract? Any lawyer here that I can get help with? :)