Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@pchengMX going to pick up mine today @ 10am! The car took less than a day to get shipped to the service center. Then spent 2 days at the service center being prepped for delivery.
Supposedly mines went on transit yesterday and should be in today. They asked if we can pick up Saturday instead but my wife and I schedule are so tired up we couldn't so we just rescheduled from 10am today to 16:30 hopefully everything goes well. Also please keep us updated with yours too! Best of luck bet you couldn't sleep!

If you entered your info on the tracking spreadsheet and took delivery, please take the time to update it. I've been trying to update some as I run across them, but there's a lot of empty delivery dates for cars that may have already been delivered. Thanks!

Reactions: Nev&Co
Well everyone, windshield #2 is broken too, so now I'm being told delivery will be sometime next week. I have no further comment at this moment.
I cannot believe it - so sorry! Only thing I can assure you of is the car is worth the wait. Just keep hope alive. I have had some terrible experiences with windshields (last time I had one replaced it did take two replacements) so I guess it can happen.

Mines was scheduled for later in the morning at 10am but supposedly it left transit yesterday evening so I had to reschedule to later today in the evening at 16:30....@Hollywood @ming any new updates for you guys?

Scheduled for delivery to the house Saturday morning. We shall see. Paperwork and payment completed. MyTesla has "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory."

Just an update around my earlier delivery. When I picked it up I did a thorough walk-thru of the vehicle and noted no problems. I then took the car to the detailer to have it completely wrapped. I heard back from him today that when they were performing the paint correction work they picked up 33 different sand scratch marks around the car. It was the most they had ever seen on a MX. I know I had asked Tesla not to wash the car prior to delivery as the detailer did not want them to add scratches when cleaning the car. They followed my instructions so the car was dirty on the outside when I picked it up. Other than that the only reason I could think of where I missed that many paint issues was that the car was under an overhang where the light was low thus making the scratches harder to see. The detailer was able to remove the scratches but it took them some time. He said that from his perspective there must have been grit in the paint/sealer and Tesla tried to rub it out at the factory but did not follow up with the necessary detailing to remove the markings. Trying to push cars out the door too fast and possibly relying on the SC (Costa Mesa) and customer to find and correct the problems on their end.

A point taken from this to those just now picking up their cars is to be prepared for these types of issues in varying degrees. The detailer also pointed out that many people who offer to wrap cars at a reduced rate more than likely are not doing the proper paint corrections ahead of time so the wrap simply is laid directly over the scratches. Save a few bucks but you run the risk of getting what you paid for.

Good luck to all who are picking their cars up before year end. Just make sure to take the time to go over everything with a fine tooth comb and don't let Tesla rush you or hide problems by keeping the inspection light low.

Reactions: DiamondHands
Just got a call from my DS. Car will be delivered tomorrow, unfortunately I will be out of town till next weekend so my friend will receive it. If I finds issues when I see it next week will they still fix any issues or do they need to be done at delivery. I feel bad asking my friend to get ad detailed as I will when I see my car.

Nov 12 - confirmed order
Dec 30 - production complete
Dec 31 - alleged delivery date, will update if that changes

i HookBill!

Whpm dod U use as wrapper, so to say, please?

Thank you very much
Fury
Glistening Perfection in Costa Mesa. Moe Mistry is the owner. Porsche and Teslas are their main customers but Ferraris, Audis and other high end cars frequent as well. He is higher cost than most but his work is very high quality and he stands behind everything he does.