Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks and it is a really big relief. I am too still following @8XATL and @hollywood hoping they get theirs pretty soon. How long does it take to complete the cowl wrap? I'm thinking to go with it as well but it's a big chunk of money to invest in so I might hold off on it for now. Please keep us updated I am wanting to see the outcome!

Also forgot to mention at night driving no ghosting which I was probably the most concern because of safety at night driving for my wife and I.
Mine is a full wrap with several other things being done also. That, along with the detailer' workload is what is making mine a 3 week process. As for cost, yeah, it's a boatload of cash. Believe me, I would never spend this amount of money doing this on any other car I've owned before.

• Helpful
Reactions: pchengMX
Dang I wonder what such luck you're having through your experience... I'm sorry to hear.... I hope they can pull through today...
Thank you, again and everyone else on this thread. I really appreciate all of your words, even the comical ones. They tried their very best to sort out the windshield as I signed the papers and attempted to take delivery today but it didn't happen. They gave me some time to inspect my vehicle and I must say that other than the windshield debacle, I'm very pleased with my future MX. The first thing I looked for was the falcon wing door-alignment - Driver's side was a tad bit out but barely noticeable and the passengers' side, PERFECT. I will be giving it a more thorough inspection after they install the new windshield but the body looks excellent. As for the interior, I didn't inspect it very well but I really enjoyed seeing my interior design (which is no longer available) come to life. The main guy who was overseeing my vehicle said, "wait until next week - you will be pleased". It was definitely a tease not being able to drive away in my new Tesla but they promise Monday or Tuesday at the absolute latest. We shall see...
Happy New Year!!

Thanks and it is a really big relief. I am too still following @8XATL and @hollywood hoping they get theirs pretty soon. How long does it take to complete the cowl wrap? I'm thinking to go with it as well but it's a big chunk of money to invest in so I might hold off on it for now. Please keep us updated I am wanting to see the outcome!

Also forgot to mention at night driving no ghosting which I was probably the most concern because of safety at night driving for my wife and I.
@ming and @pchengMX Congratulations!! So glad to hear the good news too. @hollywood I'm still following you and you as well, @HookBill. I agree that my journey to my MX has been wild but no more important than any of yours. I will always keep up with this thread as long as I'm still breathing...and whenever my wife isn't grounding me from TMC ;)

It is nerve raking reading all these end of quarter experiences. I'm scheduled for delivery probably end of March and I think I might try to urge it forward a little to not be so close to end of quarter. Could do without the rush and stress.
Based on the deliveries I am reading about, unless you get spill over from the previous quarter (built in Q4 but delivered in Q1 due to delivery issues) the only way it works is end of quarter for US deliveries. Cycle seems to repeat itself. Non-US deliveries beginning of quarter - then US in the last month of the quarter. Asking them for ASAP delivery is never a bad thing though.

With that said - lots of folks had good experiences. At the end of the day Tesla will make it right if anything is wrong with your car - and the MX is an awesome car!

Reactions: 8XATL
Based on the deliveries I am reading about, unless you get spill over from the previous quarter (built in Q4 but delivered in Q1 due to delivery issues) the only way it works is end of quarter for US deliveries. Cycle seems to repeat itself. Non-US deliveries beginning of quarter - then US in the last month of the quarter. Asking them for ASAP delivery is never a bad thing though.

With that said - lots of folks had good experiences. At the end of the day Tesla will make it right if anything is wrong with your car - and the MX is an awesome car!

But is this true for all cars, particularly if you requested a particular time frame? I have mine supposedly going to be built in 'early feb'. That's exactly when I was hoping for. I hope they don't change their minds...

But is this true for all cars, particularly if you requested a particular time frame? I have mine supposedly going to be built in 'early feb'. That's exactly when I was hoping for. I hope they don't change their minds...
Nobody can perfectly predict the future... but unless they really ramp-up capacity history may repeat itself again. Probably depends on the changes they announce next week. If it is something major like HW2 it might push things out. They may indeed build it in Feb though - just would likely arrive in March to the east coast. Based on how Q4 worked out at least.

My end-of-line is scheduled for around March 13. I requested a late start to give myself the best shot at upgrading to the non-performance 100D before it gets built, but if that ever comes about, I'm asking them to ASAP the thing out!

Reactions: 3s-a-charm
My dear TMC brethren. The day finally came. It arrived on a trailer truck completely covered. After taking off the wrap, it was very dusty. The driver said that it was sitting on the lot for a few days. He recommends using the car wash coupon. Unfortunately it made it difficult to evaluate the exterior of the car. Overall no issues except I couldn't get the Falcon Wing down on the driver side. I had to call the Tesla support service for them to reset and it worked from that point on. I did the holiday light show Easter egg for the family and test drove the car around. I still have to go through the checklist, but no major issues. I did check the alignment of the door and the Falcon wing door and there is a small Gap.

Seriously thank you all for the love and support. 50 days in production, waiting for my order for over 3 months. Painful, but over finally.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161231-171058.png
    Screenshot_20161231-171058.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20161231_151535.jpg
    IMG_20161231_151535.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20161231_151754.jpg
    IMG_20161231_151754.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20161231_151631.jpg
    IMG_20161231_151631.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20161231_151707.jpg
    IMG_20161231_151707.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 76
As the clock ticks down to the end of 2016 and the start of 2017 I would like to wish all who have shared their stories of jubilation/frustration/patience/wall scratching/etc etc on this thread a very Happy New Year. I think we can all say this experience has been interesting, to say the least, but if anything, we can definitely look forward to many miles of an amazing automobile. Enjoy it and I'll see you all on other thread adventures in the upcoming new year.

Woohoo, we made it!!!

Hello everyone,

Took delivery of my model x on Monday the 23rd. It is the AP2 system and everything has been amazing. We live near Fremont and went to pick it up at the factory along with an owners tour of the factory.

I am looking forward to the update and have been itching to use autopilot on this updated system.

I also didn't aware of the ghosting effect when I was driving back to home yesterday night :)

My dear TMC brethren. The day finally came. It arrived on a trailer truck completely covered. After taking off the wrap, it was very dusty. The driver said that it was sitting on the lot for a few days. He recommends using the car wash coupon. Unfortunately it made it difficult to evaluate the exterior of the car. Overall no issues except I couldn't get the Falcon Wing down on the driver side. I had to call the Tesla support service for them to reset and it worked from that point on. I did the holiday light show Easter egg for the family and test drove the car around. I still have to go through the checklist, but no major issues. I did check the alignment of the door and the Falcon wing door and there is a small Gap.

Seriously thank you all for the love and support. 50 days in production, waiting for my order for over 3 months. Painful, but over finally.

Wow! Finally congratulations!!! I think a lot of us is really relieved a majority of us pulled through by he end of the year. It was a wild ride and I thank everyone knowing that it wasn't me during the process running into the small bumps on the road...

@HookBill i hope to see some pictures! I really wish I can cough that kind of money out but I will have to see how my finances are. I have looked at our local detailer and will probably go with the cquartz ceramic coating. Seems to be a really excellent product.

@PedanticOne i agree with @Finder when I ordered mines I initially asked for a late November or beginning of December which a email was sent to me stating that time frame but did not receive delivery until December 30th...

There was a claim way back when that AP2 cars would have a different windshield for the cameras' sake. Who knows... not confirmed...

Never knew that! Thanks for that info!

Thanks.

I believe it was info from a Tesla tech passed onto here by some owner.

However it was a single claim and has not been direcly supported by other evidences since then AFAIK.

This of course means it can be true or can be not true. Following ghosting reports from AP2 cars - such as those in this thread - will be interesting.

Thanks.

I believe it was info from a Tesla tech passed onto here by some owner.

However it was a single claim and has not been direcly supported by other evidences since then AFAIK.

This of course means it can be true or can be not true. Following ghosting reports from AP2 cars - such as those in this thread - will be interesting.
It is true.

Looks great besides the dust LOL! Is that the ultra white interior? How do you like the color combo? My wife wants red with white interior but I didn't want it too "candy cane". Let me know your thoughts now that you have it.

Tesla came through as promised and managed to deliver my new X before the end of the year. I took delivery yesterday morning. It was snowing and super thick fog. The driver dropped my Model X off in the middle of the highway. It was on a big enclosed trailer truck and the X was completely covered. I had to unwrap it fast and get it out of the road, and the driver took off. Luckily it looks pretty good, the door alignment might be a hair off and a super small tear on a seat. Do these seats tear easy? They seem super soft, Do they make good seat covers that are made to fit?

IMG_0639.JPG

Nice Color! The door alignment looks like mine too.

• Informative
Reactions: Hmach