Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I've mentioned before, it's really hard for me to be mean to such friendly people. However, I felt pretty belittled, so I spoke up (politely) and they responded with a little surprise to keep me happy. I am getting that tax credit for 2016 because I already paid, signed the papers and was sort of taking delivery of my X that morning. With that said, my X is basically in service, so it justified this loaner which they surprised me with today. It's a Model S 90D and I'm really enjoying it!
Lucky you! I got a P85+ for the loner and I'm not sure what + means but I will be getting back my X tmr! I still like my X better than S :)

View attachment 208898 View attachment 208896
Picked up my X on New Years Eve!
View attachment 208899
View attachment 208901
View attachment 208900
Only issue not sure if it's the same with all X is the rear bumper. The left and right side seems to have a small gap. Not sure if it's normal. At the time of pick up the service guy told me it's normal but he did take pic of the bumper and send it to the service manager.
same gap for me as well...not expected for 125K car :(

For me, it is time to wrap up this thread. After 3+ weeks of detailing (holidays, workload, etc.) I finally brought home my MX today. The following pictures are of the car and the great team at Glistening Perfection in Costa Mesa whose work truly made it look fabulous. Moe Mistry is the owner and he and his team are worthy of a huge shout-out for the wonderful work they did.

@ming, I saw yours today and Moe said that they were going to be working through the weekend to ensure you get yours on Tuesday. Its a beauty, BTW.

Attachments

• IMG_0468.JPG
    IMG_0468.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0469.JPG
    IMG_0469.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 73
Oh man @HookBill, I tried texting Moe today to see the status on my car (he hasn't replied yet, I'm just assuming he's busy and will reply when he gets the chance to) because I was getting nervous that I need to push the date on the service back. Your post gives me some relief that it will be done in time so I wouldn't have to move the appointment back! :) How do you like the tint in your car?

For me, it is time to wrap up this thread. After 3+ weeks of detailing (holidays, workload, etc.) I finally brought home my MX today. The following pictures are of the car and the great team at Glistening Perfection in Costa Mesa whose work truly made it look fabulous. Moe Mistry is the owner and he and his team are worthy of a huge shout-out for the wonderful work they did.

@ming, I saw yours today and Moe said that they were going to be working through the weekend to ensure you get yours on Tuesday. Its a beauty, BTW.

What did you have done and what was the cost. Looking at the full wrap so curious of price comparison

Oh man @HookBill, I tried texting Moe today to see the status on my car (he hasn't replied yet, I'm just assuming he's busy and will reply when he gets the chance to) because I was getting nervous that I need to push the date on the service back. Your post gives me some relief that it will be done in time so I wouldn't have to move the appointment back! :) How do you like the tint in your car?
Moe told me you will get it when you need it. They will work thru the weekend to ensure you get it when you requested. Moe is one of the few who seem to "want to" deliver on their promises.

BTW, you didn't say you had a 'P' ludicrous. Impressive.

What did you have done and what was the cost. Looking at the full wrap so curious of price comparison
$9800, but here is everything they did as part of that price. It includes much more than just wrapping. Moe may be a bit higher than others but boy does he do a great job. That's why he does a lot of Porsches and Ferraris.

ACTIVITY

PPF-FULL-SUV-MOD

Clear Film Application - Moderate: Tesla Model X
Film: XPEL Ultimate
Decontaminate all surfaces to be filmed using Lumiere Clay and Lube Inspect paint surfaces for defects
Machine polish surfaces to remove swirls and scratches if necessary Touch up various rock chips if necessary
Cleanse film using isopropyl alcohol
Prepare surfaces for transportation if necessary
SEMI-CUSTOM Full Hood
SEMI-CUSTOM Full Fenders
SEMI-CUSTOM Bumper
PRECUT Headlights
PRECUT Fog lights
SEMI-CUSTOM Mirrors
SEMI-CUSTOM Front Driver/Passenger Doors
SEMI-CUSTOM Rear Driver/Passenger Doors
SEMI-CUSTOM 1/4 Panels
CUSTOM Rear Hatch
CUSTOM Rear Trunk Lid
SEMI-CUSTOM Rear Bumper, 1 @ $9,800.00

• Informative
Reactions: hollywood
@HookBill I guess I must've forgotten to mention it. :rolleyes: I just spoke with Moe and he reconfirmed what you said, we're going to hold off on some things that I had a concern about that the service center is going to take a look at so we don't wrap areas that will get replaced due to scratching from misalignment. So it'll go to the Service Center, then back to Moe for the finish up.

@HookBill I guess I must've forgotten to mention it. :rolleyes: I just spoke with Moe and he reconfirmed what you said, we're going to hold off on some things that I had a concern about that the service center is going to take a look at so we don't wrap areas that will get replaced due to scratching from misalignment. So it'll go to the Service Center, then back to Moe for the finish up.
@ming, Moe will go over other things with you, as well, once everything is done. He has been working directly with Joe Estrada at the SC about items directly related to wrapped cars and how to handle them properly. I was given a placard that I will hang in the car when going in for servicing later on. This placard will tell them NOT to wash the car as well as instructing anyone washing it the proper way to do it. It sounds like his work with Joe has helped lay down some rules regarding wrapped cars at this SC location. Just make sure you tell Joe when you bring it in.