Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Delayed until Q3 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a lot of factors. I would guess it's Elon's desire for perfection. Sounds like they are doing some exciting things with second row seating.

Interior features for the second and third row are what I'm really looking for in the Model X.

One of the few weaknesses of Model S is lack of comfort & convenience features for the rear bench and hatch passengers. The S could get away with it to a certain extent because it is a performance sedan, but storage, ventilation, and accessory power/connectivity are critical for a luxury SUV (family hauler).

Tesla wants to build vehicles that are better than their ICE counterparts in every way. I can't wait to see what they've done to rethink the interior of SUVs.

Congratulations TechGuy! Exactly what I did for my Model X wait... :) For some strange reason it makes it all the more palatable. The added bonus is getting to experience the pioneering Model S too, being the first car designed all over by Tesla. Model X is the car I really want, but being a Model S owner as well seems like a nice way to be a tiny part of the larger Tesla story - and it IS a very nice car too.

Also, now I realize why there is an emergency opening lever inside the frunk...

After the latest delay, I decided that the wait would be more tolerable while driving a Model S. I drove it home today. :)

View attachment 63490

- - - Updated - - -

One of the few weaknesses of Model S is lack of comfort & convenience features for the rear bench and hatch passengers. The S could get away with it to a certain extent because it is a performance sedan, but storage, ventilation, and accessory power/connectivity are critical for a luxury SUV (family hauler).

Not to mention critical for China - where many luxury car owners actually sit in the back.