Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Delivery Checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Removed "42. Check if area behind door is painted", indicated to be normal by Tesla Service and only ground painted with every car I checked.
Added back of headrest of third row.
Added chassis paint scratch from FWD rubber.

Attachments

• TeslaModelXChecklist-mid-april-2017.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 322
Removed "42. Check if area behind door is painted", indicated to be normal by Tesla Service and only ground painted with every car I checked.
Added back of headrest of third row.
Added chassis paint scratch from FWD rubber.

I asked if the Model X came with the parcel shelf and they said no. Were they just misinformed or do they not provide this anymore?

I asked if the Model X came with the parcel shelf and they said no. Were they just misinformed or do they not provide this anymore?

Good question, I didn't receive one (but we have a 5 seater, so I presumed it was only relevant for the 6 seater - as pictured on the checklist).

Is it still optional or completely unavailable?

Attachments

• TeslaModelXChecklist-late-april-2017.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 86
My X is due for Late May-June, so I've now printed the Checklist I downloaded all those months ago. My wife doesn't understand why I downloaded a delivery checklist months before ordering the car - to date I've yet to think of a good reason either.

Anywayyyy, I think there are at least two checklists as I have the pdf one (thanks jnuyens!) and an Excel one. But there are several bullets that don't make sense to me. Would someone mind clarifying my understanding of the below?

Thanks to all who have gone before to make this journey possible for the rest of us!

20. Check wheel arch liners/mudguards to make sure they extend all the way to the side and there are no gaps.
- What does "extend all the way to the side" mean? Is this the liner in the wheel well or the "plastic cladding" on the outside of the car?

39.Open your front doors and check if there is a gap between the small and larger window. The larger window should be resting on the rubber seal next to the small window. If there is a gap, even though it tightens when the door is closed, that could add to the wind noise. If all is good, then look at the glass alignment when the doors and windows are closed. Is the wind flowing across the glass surfaces where the glass is aligned in an aerodynamic manner? The top inch is on the outside (actually pocketed) of the glass but the rest of the rubber should be under the glass.
- Okay, really lost here and wind noise is #2 on my list of concerns (ghosting is #1). :)
For the "larger window resting on the rubber seal" does the gap mean a gap between the large window and the seal? Or does that mean a gap between the large window and small window?
For the "aerodynamic manner," I'm reading it as the small and large window, when closed, should be one smooth piece of glass except for the very top where the rubber seal is outside/exposed to the elements. Correct?

Is this the liner in the wheel well or the "plastic cladding" on the outside of the car?
The answer to that 'or' question is 'yes'; just check them both. Small detailing problems might show up, it's good to catch them early.

For the "larger window resting on the rubber seal" does the gap mean a gap between the large window and the seal? Or does that mean a gap between the large window and small window?
For the "aerodynamic manner," I'm reading it as the small and large window, when closed, should be one smooth piece of glass except for the very top where the rubber seal is outside/exposed to the elements. Correct?

The finishing of this rubber seal is sometimes far from perfect. It might mean a gap between the window and the rubber, adding to wind noise. It might also mean that it looks crappy. The other window seals might also need inspection. I added: "If this sounds confusing; just inspect the quality of the rubber seal between the 2 windows do the driver and front passenger doors".

Congratulations with your purchase decision; it's a fantastic machine!

I also added the remark about possible key fob holder, swag bag, mug or umbrella.

Attachments

• TeslaModelXChecklist-may-2017.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 157
Thanks for putting together this list! I received my MX today and wanted to add that there were a couple of things I noticed wasn't on the list but would be useful to add:

1) Car emblem (front) – mine was not centered and was misaligned. SC addressed this right away.
2) Frunk hood alignment – the front trunk alignment was a bit off as well noticed by the uneven panel gaps on left and right of the car. the SC fixed this right away as well

Thanks for putting together this list! I received my MX today and wanted to add that there were a couple of things I noticed wasn't on the list but would be useful to add:

1) Car emblem (front) – mine was not centered and was misaligned. SC addressed this right away.
2) Frunk hood alignment – the front trunk alignment was a bit off as well noticed by the uneven panel gaps on left and right of the car. the SC fixed this right away as well

You're welcome. Added your remarks, congratulations with your car!

Attachments

• TeslaModelXChecklist-june-2017.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 193
This is quite an exhaustive informative thread! Wish I saw it before picking up my X this past weekend. Now it's going back to service and body shop for so many issues...for a 6 figure vehicle, is very disappointing. My very first car was a Nissan Altima for $17k, perfect.

UMC charger malfunctioned and stopped charging on day 2.
Rear liftgate misaligned with large gap (discovered at delivery, which they tried to deny, but reluctantly accepted).
Asymmetric glass roof to door jam.
Blown speaker, scratching sound.
Weak AC vents in 2nd row console, at any setting.
Falcon doors do not open fully, when outdoors without obstruction, set to AUTO. Have to manually open to full extent.

That's just from 1st 3-4 days of driving. God knows what else I'll discover even after service.

Why is this acceptable? Overall sense I get from all these forums and facebook posts is a high level of accommodation to the fact that Tesla is not a high end automaker. Price to pay for early tech adopter? Steep price indeed.

I heard excellent service was one of Tesla's saving graces. Not so sure based on my neighbor's MX which went back to the shop 3x.

By the way, my delivery at Devon, PA. No more swag according to them. Least of my problems.

Minime,

Thanks for the heads up. I am picking up my X tomorrow morning in Devon. Sounds like I will have an interesting morning (afternoon?). I would like to catch as many problems as possible. I am taking it to the Jersey shore after we leave the SC.

This is quite an exhaustive informative thread! Wish I saw it before picking up my X this past weekend. Now it's going back to service and body shop for so many issues...for a 6 figure vehicle, is very disappointing. My very first car was a Nissan Altima for $17k, perfect.

UMC charger malfunctioned and stopped charging on day 2.
Rear liftgate misaligned with large gap (discovered at delivery, which they tried to deny, but reluctantly accepted).
Asymmetric glass roof to door jam.
Blown speaker, scratching sound.
Weak AC vents in 2nd row console, at any setting.
Falcon doors do not open fully, when outdoors without obstruction, set to AUTO. Have to manually open to full extent.

That's just from 1st 3-4 days of driving. God knows what else I'll discover even after service.

Why is this acceptable? Overall sense I get from all these forums and facebook posts is a high level of accommodation to the fact that Tesla is not a high end automaker. Price to pay for early tech adopter? Steep price indeed.

I heard excellent service was one of Tesla's saving graces. Not so sure based on my neighbor's MX which went back to the shop 3x.

By the way, my delivery at Devon, PA. No more swag according to them. Least of my problems.
That seems to be quite a few more problems than average, especially this late into the year.

My car was only in production 7 days, so hopefully that means they didn't discover any issues during QC. (Or they didn't test anything :O)

Taking delivery tomorrow

You'll be fine Jersey Boy, I think I just have bad luck. Our day of delivery was apparently packed with other deliveries, so they didn't provide much personal attention and the process felt rushed. Lack of swag felt even more impersonal, wished I didn't know about it.

Good luck and enjoy. Expect lot of looks on your way to the shore.

It seems that an unofficial good practice is to schedule your delivery for the first or second month in a quarter, even if that means postponing your delivery to the first month of the next quarter over delivery during the third month of a quarter.

This is ultimately bad for Tesla (disrupts flow of vehicles) and of course, is bad for customers as it's not something an average customer should care about or need to know. Good insight for me - we're hoping to be getting a Model X this month or next (waffling from new inventory, to custom order, to CPO, and back again). September delivery is an options I'll take off my list :)

An item to add to the list. Check the small triangular piece of glass on the driver and passenger doors. Confirm the glass is not loose and that it seals properly. When we picked up our X the passenger side was fine, but the driver's would wiggle slightly. This would cause a slight wind noise in the car as well. These are the notes from the SC.
upload_2017-7-13_14-56-15.png

Reactions: jnuyens