Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Delivery Checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had home delivery of X100D yesterday. The check list was very helpful!!!!

Was a bit nervous due to it just being dropped off the truck. Here is my input maybe it will help others.

First off took over 4 hours to really check it all myself, maybe I am just a bit more detailed then the 40 mins others suggested.

Of course did not need the truck driver to wait that long. Mainly needed to check for any transport damage, there was none, took a few min to determine this. He was very friendly and told me to take all the time I needed.

Then used the check list to make sure I got everything. During this process my DS called to see if there was anything needed to address. Was not done so told him I would compile a list for him.

Here are a few things I found and the DS fix/response:

Some things was told that are no longer in the PUP, or are not done, so probably could be removed from list:

#10b. alcantara dash :( really liked on my old S ): , #36. Parcel shelf in rear, #65. plastic that covers the underside of seat (did not really understand this anyway), #43. paint behind door (was told this is how Tesla does it???) #10b. Fast connection dock (not sure this is still included in PUP, but asked and he sent anyway ;).

Some things that were absent and they are next day shipping:

#3. Plate holders, #10b. Fast Connection dock (see above), ended up with model S saftey booklet.

Other issues:

Probably the biggest issue on the rear Passenger bumper there appears to be pain over spray. So we will see what they do to fix this. Was told if can't be cleaned it will be replaced.

The inside window molding on driver door is a bit wonky, so will have to be mended.

Some finger prints/stains on FWD headline.

These will be passed on to the ranger, who called me within 30 mins of talking with the DS. He arranged a time to come a address these. I am sure it will be corrected in a timely manner.

All in all I am satisfied with their response and corrections, and would not be worried at all with another home delivery in the future.

IMG_20171129_091204.jpg
IMG_20171129_113239.jpg
IMG_20171129_115626.jpg

I am looking at the official google docs checklist, I think. it makes no mention of the tow hitch receiver, etc. Clearly, this cannot be the current list, right? I also am picking up my X next week in San Diego.

Tesla Model X Checklist

I don't know what document it is you are looking at, I would suggest looking at post #234 in this thread and using the November checklist as it the most current one so far.

I am planning on editing that checklist by deleting what's applicable to my vehicle and emailing it in advance to my DS letting her know that I will be using this checklist at the time of delivery so if she wants, she can use it too, and get all the I s dotted and T s crossed.

I don't know what document it is you are looking at, I would suggest looking at post #234 in this thread and using the November checklist as it the most current one so far.

Thanks. I liked the idea of the living google document someone had posted. That would sync to my tablet, phone, and computer no problem. It would be nice to have one with macros too, so you could toggle your options and it would auto-build the list for your particular car. Maybe a project...

Reactions: Sgadhia
My X100D scheduled for delivery in Rockville MD this Thursday!
Super excited

Anything I should watch out for....I’m reviewing the X checklist

Thanks
Make sure to test out the charging port during delivery. Ours was quite a struggle, and we thought it wasn't working during our first supercharge. It's loosened up a bit, but it's still more of a struggle than it should be. It's day 3, and that's the only issue we've had.

I had an issue with the rocker trim popping out at the bottom, the black plastic trims are always pretty poor in terms of fit. Also the new car comes with the slower square EVSE now, see if you can swap for a square one
Make sure to test out the charging port during delivery. Ours was quite a struggle, and we thought it wasn't working during our first supercharge. It's loosened up a bit, but it's still more of a struggle than it should be. It's day 3, and that's the only issue we've had.

Will do thanks for the tip!

Will do - I should know tomorrow wether it will be tomorrow, Tuesday or Wednesday @ 2:00...they’re trying to get it to me sooner depending on what time the truck arrives tomorrow so I can get it wrapped before we travel with it for Xmas...

Congratulations! We will be in DC for Christmas. So if you see a midnight grey Model X with NYC tags passing through Maryland... say hey!

I had an issue with the rocker trim popping out at the bottom, the black plastic trims are always pretty poor in terms of fit. Also the new car comes with the slower square EVSE now, see if you can swap for a square one

Interesting about the new slower evse! Any more details on the specs with the old one vs new one? How long ago they stopped distributing the old (faster) one?