Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Delivery Checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, picked up a x100d 3 weeks ago. Enjoying it! Might want to add checking the driver and passenger door hinge bolts. One of mine was about 80% unscrewed. Likely missed when the others were tightened.

Hello all, picked up a x100d 3 weeks ago. Enjoying it! Might want to add checking the driver and passenger door hinge bolts. One of mine was about 80% unscrewed. Likely missed when the others were tightened.

So that actually seems like a pretty big deal. Mind asking me how exactly to check for this manually during delivery? Were you just twisting the bolts on the hinge?

has any one recently (2019) or Raven model, refused delivery and if so due to what major issues of the checklist. Would misalignment of falcon door trim by 1/4" or more justify refusal or simple due bill by service center. I know today they have to get those approved but upon delivery we still have 7 days to return the car. I want to know how far members have gone to ensure they got the best result with in their delivery grace period. thanks!

has any one recently (2019) or Raven model, refused delivery and if so due to what major issues of the checklist. Would misalignment of falcon door trim by 1/4" or more justify refusal or simple due bill by service center. I know today they have to get those approved but upon delivery we still have 7 days to return the car. I want to know how far members have gone to ensure they got the best result with in their delivery grace period. thanks!
I had misalignment of the FWD and several other issues related to torn rubber and the driver's seat. They resolved but it took about 6 weeks. I wouldn't reject the car if that's your only issue, I think having them readjust the FWD is minor and you are very lucky if that's all you've seen is a problem. Here is a link to my post about my issues: Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

Here's a link to the images i found after inspecting my Model X on delivery. All are noted for due bill. My inspection was over 1 hour on my own before giving he OK to sign the documents but only after being assured these issues were noted on the due bill to be fixed. Although most are just minor cosmetic, i find it hard how these get past QC. Maybe Tesla doesnt have a QC person at the end of the production line?

Model X inspection day issues

• Funny
Reactions: jerseygirl18
Thank you for sharing this. I am waiting for my X to be delivered. It is unbelievable how this passed QC. I will refuse delivery if mine comes with parts unpainted. That is how we will force them to take this seriously. I wish you that these imperfections get fixed asap and you get to enjoy your car for a long time to come! :)

Reactions: glusc2002
Thank you for sharing this. I am waiting for my X to be delivered. It is unbelievable how this passed QC. I will refuse delivery if mine comes with parts unpainted. That is how we will force them to take this seriously. I wish you that these imperfections get fixed asap and you get to enjoy your car for a long time to come! :)
Yeah I probably should have rejected it. I just got my white model 3 back from the 2nd visit from the body shop and it came out satisfactory. I’m somewhat curious how they will paint some of the parts on the X. But all the issues I saw I really should have just rejected it.

I will receive my Signature Model X next week and wanted to prepare for the delivery process, so I created the attached checklist based on Nick Howe's Model S list. I know there are probably errors and omissions in the list, so please help improve it.
View attachment 107913

Hi i just wanted to add that the list was very helpful during my delivery. I spent 1 hour checking everything on the list. I do want to add that I found the middle row for a 5/7 seater to have an issue with the fabric being tightly connected to the bottom of the seat. I'm not sure what to call it exactly. Heres some pic, but also a link to all the issues i have found so far on the X from Delivery. Others may find it helpful to add to the list.

Model X Delivery Due Bill Issues

Attachments

• IMG_7097.JPG
    IMG_7097.JPG
    305.6 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_7099.JPG
    IMG_7099.JPG
    360.4 KB · Views: 312
Hi i just wanted to add that the list was very helpful during my delivery. I spent 1 hour checking everything on the list. I do want to add that I found the middle row for a 5/7 seater to have an issue with the fabric being tightly connected to the bottom of the seat. I'm not sure what to call it exactly. Heres some pic, but also a link to all the issues i have found so far on the X from Delivery. Others may find it helpful to add to the list.

Model X Delivery Due Bill Issues
i really like the mats in your can! would you mind sharing who makes & where to buy? thanks in advance & good luck with your car..we are suppose to get Friday the 13th :/

Here's a link to the images i found after inspecting my Model X on delivery. All are noted for due bill. My inspection was over 1 hour on my own before giving he OK to sign the documents but only after being assured these issues were noted on the due bill to be fixed. Although most are just minor cosmetic, i find it hard how these get past QC. Maybe Tesla doesnt have a QC person at the end of the production line?

Model X inspection day issues
find it so hard to believe that a service tech wouldn't go over car before delivery to the owner at the SC/
i will be getting mine from the local service center 3 mi from my house. Why wouldn't that be a very smart approach for this business? my hubs ran a Fortune 500 comp it blows his mind how this bright & innovative comp is run..they need marketing help, sales improvement, quality control & customer serv that is informed

i really like the mats in your can! would you mind sharing who makes & where to buy? thanks in advance & good luck with your car..we are suppose to get Friday the 13th :/

Here you go. i really like them, mainly the pockets will trap liquid and crumbs from toddlers. i put them over the OEM mats.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7SHWE5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got this too for the Cargo area. I got a 5 seat configuration to maximize cargo space.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XQGJ3XF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here you go. i really like them, mainly the pockets will trap liquid and crumbs from toddlers. i put them over the OEM mats.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7SHWE5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got this too for the Cargo area. I got a 5 seat configuration to maximize cargo space.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XQGJ3XF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pockets are great for trapping water. But they are horrible to clean and keep clean looking. Maxpider for me (Tuxmat would be 2nd choice). Dust buster and wipe. They also have much better coverage along the sides, especially the dead pedal, where you might have snow, sand, mud, water on your feet and it will go over the sides and under.

Pockets are great for trapping water. But they are horrible to clean and keep clean looking. Maxpider for me (Tuxmat would be 2nd choice). Dust buster and wipe. They also have much better coverage along the sides, especially the dead pedal, where you might have snow, sand, mud, water on your feet and it will go over the sides and under.

Thanks I thought about that. I have a kid on the way and I've seen some pretty dirty vans as a result of having toddlers. I understand its harder to clean but I really wanted it for containing spills and crumbs and with a flat surface you'll have to clean it right away while on the road to prevent spreading from shoes or movement of the car. This way its trapped below the surface in a pocket and can be taken care at a more convenient time.

Thanks I thought about that. I have a kid on the way and I've seen some pretty dirty vans as a result of having toddlers. I understand its harder to clean but I really wanted it for containing spills and crumbs and with a flat surface you'll have to clean it right away while on the road to prevent spreading from shoes or movement of the car. This way its trapped below the surface in a pocket and can be taken care at a more convenient time.

That’s true. With pockets you can let it sit there. And it will eventually evaporate. I have had that style mat for decades. I have the Maxpider in my model 3. And just ordered them for my X. They protect better with very high lip. They generally look better when clean. And clean up quicker. But yeah if you had a ton of liquid it could slosh around. But that much is rare and easy to get out.

That’s true. With pockets you can let it sit there. And it will eventually evaporate. I have had that style mat for decades. I have the Maxpider in my model 3. And just ordered them for my X. They protect better with very high lip. They generally look better when clean. And clean up quicker. But yeah if you had a ton of liquid it could slosh around. But that much is rare and easy to get out.

Great Ideal for my model 3, currently its just generic clear plastic in mine and it looks horrible. Any kind of mess big or small will be unpredictable with a toddler. again purely for function. thank you for the suggestions, i've loaded them into my amazon list.

still deliberating weathertech cuz they are easy to remove vs
where does one find a Sunshade? i'm hoping it is for the top not the windows? thanks in advance