Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Delivery Checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glancing over that checklist, I think if you really went through every point, you'd never leave and get to drive your band new Tesla Model X
I didn't use the Model X checklist at delivery, but when I took delivery of my Model S a couple of years ago, I took the then-circulating Model S delivery checklist and trimmed it way down to something manageable. I took that with me to delivery and it was easier to get through and feel like I'd "done something" with my forum knowledge. Of course, it passed with flying colors and still does every day.

Reactions: SSD420
Potentially the bottom line of the supplier, though. Also, not everyone has/sees the problem. As far as it being a safety issue, I imagine it's considerably less dangerous from a visibility standpoint than driving in a light drizzle.
As you said it, "I imagine" it's "less dangerous" in comparison to "light drizzle". Imagination is one thing. A safety issue is a safety issue. No other way around it.

It sounds like you are upset with Tesla, which is understandable, but what I love most about this forum is members focus on supporting each other in finding ways to solve problems and communicate with Tesla during this amazing period of growth and innovation.
Tesla is having some growing pains. I get it. However, at the same time, customer care and customer service should not be sacrificed. For example, I was having a phone conversation with a Tesla customer rep on last Friday afternoon 5/19/2016. The rep told me if I keep interrupting her, then she cannot go on and finish the conversation. I was shocked. I asked if she was suggestion that I as a customer was interrupting her as a customer service representative. She gave a clear and short reply: "YES". I was totally shocked by her response. For the record, I was peacefully asking nicely about the technical questions. For the record, she knew what she did was wrong. Another rep called in 20 mins later to apologize. The point is, there is only so much I am waiting to sacrifice as a Tesla customer. No pain, no gain. Let Tesla know their issues and make them grow. About three months ago, I had point out to Tesla that their site need to be updated to reflect the newly add Model X. Guess what? None had heard, none had change, none cared!
p.s. Look around this site, members are asking and searching for information that should be released by Tesla. It shows Tesla is not giving out enough update or product information to its own customers. Do they care, obviously, no.

I have taken all of the data from the checklists and put it on an excel spread sheet. There were several duplications which I consolidated. I also assigned a group (Interior/exterior..etc) and a type (FWD, windshield, seats 2nd row..etc) and then sorted the items by group. Being slightly OCD ;) could not stand the random order of the items listed:eek: I thought it would be more efficient to try to check all items in an area one time. Hopefully it also helps eliminate duplicates when someone adds a new item.

For new members to the forum I also explained that the data is taken from many entries on the forum and is not officially validated. It is a helpful tool created by members. It in no way is meant to represent the condition of all model x's and in fact many X's are delivered with little or no problems (not all X owners contribute to forum also).

All of the real work was done by others on this thread that created the original lists... my contribution was only organization and not content. I appreciate all of the efforts to document and help us when taking delivery of our X's... can't wait.

Attached excel spread sheet and PDF version. I didn't know how to upload a spread sheet so I changed the extension to PDF and uploaded. You can download, rename to xls extension and it should open with excel.

Attachments

• 2016 June Model X delivery check list.pdf
    478.2 KB · Views: 396
  • 2016 June Model X delivery check list chg extension and Open with excel.pdf
    21.7 KB · Views: 304
I have taken all of the data from the checklists and put it on an excel spread sheet. There were several duplications which I consolidated. I also assigned a group (Interior/exterior..etc) and a type (FWD, windshield, seats 2nd row..etc) and then sorted the items by group. Being slightly OCD ;) could not stand the random order of the items listed:eek: I thought it would be more efficient to try to check all items in an area one time. Hopefully it also helps eliminate duplicates when someone adds a new item.

For new members to the forum I also explained that the data is taken from many entries on the forum and is not officially validated. It is a helpful tool created by members. It in no way is meant to represent the condition of all model x's and in fact many X's are delivered with little or no problems (not all X owners contribute to forum also).

All of the real work was done by others on this thread that created the original lists... my contribution was only organization and not content. I appreciate all of the efforts to document and help us when taking delivery of our X's... can't wait.

Attached excel spread sheet and PDF version. I didn't know how to upload a spread sheet so I changed the extension to PDF and uploaded. You can download, rename to xls extension and it should open with excel.

Thank you! And I hope your delivery is imminent!

I have taken all of the data from the checklists and put it on an excel spread sheet. You can download, rename to xls extension and it should open with excel.
Thank you for your time and excellent work..I had done one for myself but it can't beat yours...very well organised..big thanks for allowing others to download and share it among Tesla members.:)

Reactions: SSD420
I have taken all of the data from the checklists and put it on an excel spread sheet. You can download, rename to xls extension and it should open with excel.

Couple of things I had noted down were:
● Vanity Mirror lights not working - Remember Happy wife happy Life
● Blue tape still stuck in crevices of the exterior of car - annoying but not a big deal
● Open your front doors and check if there is a gap between the small and larger window. The larger window should be resting on the rubber seal next to the small window. If there is a gap, even though it tightens when the door is closed, that could add to the wind noise. If all is good, then look at the glass alignment when the doors and windows are closed. Is the wind flowing across the glass surfaces where the glass is aligned in an aerodynamic manner? The top inch is on the outside (actually pocketed) of the glass but the rest of the rubber should be under the glass.
● Check Seat belts function & Broken Visor .
● Metallic Tesla ‘T’/cover on Mobile Charger cable (reported missing on recent cars)

Reactions: WABarb

Thank you!!! I am very happy I saw your post. I literally just started doing this myself, but yours is exactly what I wanted to make.

Reactions: WABarb

Updated as of 6 8 16... thx to input from @SMSMD
Two copies:
PDF Only
XLS with changed extension. Just change extension from .pdf to .xls and open - you will get warning "file may be corrupt" - but it will open as an XLS.

Attachments

• 2016 June Model X delivery check list - PDF only.pdf
    479.9 KB · Views: 512
  • 2016 June Model X delivery check list - Chg extension to XLS and open with excel.pdf
    22.7 KB · Views: 303