Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Delivery Checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@FarmerDave

Can you add two things to the checklist - both my Model X I accepted in December and the one I accepted this past Friday both had the exact same issues - minor but worth checking (it’s apparent that the factory is missing these minor things):

1. Roof line of Drivers FWD - the real seal from the FWD glass to the rear roof was partially UNDER the metal of the roof - which could allow water in.
2. Both drivers and passenger doors - the seals over the fixed small pieces of glass at the front of the doors would be partially over and partially under the glass (when melted snow got behind my one in December it partially popped the glass out).

My new one also had my glove box and hazard buttons partially recessed under the trim piece.

Otherwise - Friday’s X and even December’s were EXCELLENT. I will post pics later.

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan and jnuyens
@FarmerDave

Can you add two things to the checklist - both my Model X I accepted in December and the one I accepted this past Friday both had the exact same issues - minor but worth checking (it’s apparent that the factory is missing these minor things):

1. Roof line of Drivers FWD - the real seal from the FWD glass to the rear roof was partially UNDER the metal of the roof - which could allow water in.
2. Both drivers and passenger doors - the seals over the fixed small pieces of glass at the front of the doors would be partially over and partially under the glass (when melted snow got behind my one in December it partially popped the glass out).

My new one also had my glove box and hazard buttons partially recessed under the trim piece.

Otherwise - Friday’s X and even December’s were EXCELLENT. I will post pics later.

Thanks for update.

I have my second one on order and due in June.....this is helpful.

Had to refuse delivery yesterday. A few minor issues in the finish. I had to refuse delivery because the front door driver side rubber seal and FWD rubber seals were not installed correctly. I was afraid rain would get in had I taken delivery.

Parts were ordered but they have no idea when they will receive it

Had to refuse delivery yesterday. A few minor issues in the finish. I had to refuse delivery because the front door driver side rubber seal and FWD rubber seals were not installed correctly. I was afraid rain would get in had I taken delivery.

Parts were ordered but they have no idea when they will receive it

Was it pretty obvious / do you have pics? Taking delivery tomorrow and want to keep an eye out for that...

You need to look for it since the roof might be difficult to see since it is high but it was obvious something was wrong

The front window seal was obvious.

Been told there was at least one more car with the fwd defect. The director was telling me it was within spec and normal since another car was like that too. None of their demos had this issue. Had to push that it was not normal and it turns out that they need to replace the seal

Was it pretty obvious / do you have pics? Taking delivery tomorrow and want to keep an eye out for that...

I created a Google Docs document for this that anybody with this link can edit. The formatting got messed up a bit during the transfer. Tesla Model X Checklist.pdf - Google Docs

This document is (so far) the combination of the work of Nick Howe, FarmerDave and Mark Z. Please don't share it outside TMC.

Let's see how this goes, I may need to switch it to "suggestions only" if a Wikipedia-style approach doesn't work.

Thx for this list. I get delivery on Tuesday so I will b ready

Unfortunately no, they say they don't have any loaners (except for enterprise but I could end up with a subcompact) and they won't give me an ETA how long it will take to fix. I have escalated but have not heard any news...

They were pushing me to accept the car as-is saying it would drive fine and was within Tesla specs

So do they give you a loaner until they fix ?

Unfortunately no, they say they don't have any loaners (except for enterprise but I could end up with a subcompact) and they won't give me an ETA how long it will take to fix. I have escalated but have not heard any news...

They were pushing me to accept the car as-is saying it would drive fine and was within Tesla specs
That’s when you tell them I will take it if you promise to replace the seals. They usually agree when minor issues like this occur. My experience to our SC has been excellent. Not sure why these issues are popping up. I’m starting to wonder if the more experienced workers are still helping out with the model 3 ramp up.

They tried fixing a few issues but not all of them were fixed. We took delivery tuesday night but the car was back at the center wednesday (broke after 5 miles)... "service needed: steering assist reduced". The center have not had a chance to look at it yet and they did not have any tesla loaner or valet service available. Yet another work day missed to drive it back to the service center and I get to spend time in a Nissan Pathfinder... So much for getting a replacement in the same "class". I live in a big city and there is plenty of luxury SUV/sedan at enterprise I think it is just Tesla headquarter being cheap.

That’s when you tell them I will take it if you promise to replace the seals. They usually agree when minor issues like this occur. My experience to our SC has been excellent. Not sure why these issues are popping up. I’m starting to wonder if the more experienced workers are still helping out with the model 3 ramp up.

I get to spend time in a Nissan Pathfinder... So much for getting a replacement in the same "class". I live in a big city and there is plenty of luxury SUV/sedan at enterprise I think it is just Tesla headquarter being cheap.

Nissan Pathfinder is probably just as "luxurious" as a Tesla Model X. Just because you paid as much as an Escalade for the Tesla doesn't mean it's in the same class.

[Video] Tesla Is Not A Luxury Car

I've created a set of checklists for all three Tesla models, for all stages: buying, waiting for delivery, collection, and ownership. Focus is on the delivery checklists, with both full and quick versions available. They're print- and mobile-friendly. I plan to add more features and improvements in due course. Let me know what you think, or if anything is missing or wrong:) www.teslachecklists.com.