Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Delivery Checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've created a set of checklists for all three Tesla models, for all stages: buying, waiting for delivery, collection, and ownership. Focus is on the delivery checklists, with both full and quick versions available. They're print- and mobile-friendly. I plan to add more features and improvements in due course. Let me know what you think, or if anything is missing or wrong:) www.teslachecklists.com.
This is awesome! I would personally like if you could provide some suggestions for various items. For instance, when you talk about considering dashcams, maybe link a couple good ones. Same with washing materials... Would be cool to know what people are using... Really great stuff though, thanks for doing this!

Reactions: AndrewL
This is awesome! I would personally like if you could provide some suggestions for various items. For instance, when you talk about considering dashcams, maybe link a couple good ones. Same with washing materials... Would be cool to know what people are using... Really great stuff though, thanks for doing this!
Thanks! I definitely consider doing this an option. However, at the moment I feel the checklist content shouldn't be biased towards particular products, as that might be unfair for smaller companies that are good but not popular yet. I realise I do link to some 3rd party companies already, so I'll see. I see the benefits.

I've created a set of checklists for all three Tesla models, for all stages: buying, waiting for delivery, collection, and ownership. Focus is on the delivery checklists, with both full and quick versions available. They're print- and mobile-friendly. I plan to add more features and improvements in due course. Let me know what you think, or if anything is missing or wrong:) www.teslachecklists.com.

Awesome list AndrewL! Thanks for putting this together. I still have a lot of T-2 predelivery tasks to do!

Reactions: AndrewL
As a newbie to TMC and EV, I found this forum.
I see this thread was started in 2016.

We're currently awaiting email conformation for delivery of Model X, which supposedly is in a few weeks.

So do I print out the checklist and personally go through it at the delivery center or do I verbally go over it with customer service person at delivery center.
I don't want to walk in there, be abrupt and come across as a know-it-all because I have a magic checklist. On the other hand, I don't want to be naive and just get in the car and drive away without due diligence.

I'm sure you folks who've walked this path on obtaining your car, have been grateful to have intelligent questions answered and know what to look for and check.

Many thanks for tips, suggestions and any must-dos.

So do I print out the checklist and personally go through it at the delivery center or do I verbally go over it with customer service person at delivery center.
I don't want to walk in there, be abrupt and come across as a know-it-all because I have a magic
Hi IconBoy, you can just go through the checklist by yourself, but explain that you’re doing that. He or she will give you the space and time, and should offer to be on hand if you have any questions. I don’t think you’ll come across as a know-it-all, as you’re using a checklist. I’m sure they will have seen it a lot before. On www.teslachecklists.com you can check off the items on your mobile screen (or print before leaving home).

My advice is this is overkill ...in your previous car purchases did you bring a structured checklist ? Personally after having picked up 3 Tesla’s I never once had an issue that Tesla didn’t fix after the fact ...all the checklist does is stress you out @tpham07

Reactions: xyeahtony
Nice list but I think all I will look is the paint and trim line up. Mostly exterior which is hard to get it fixed after you buy the vehicle. I def wouldn't want to take it to a body shop a brand new vehicle. Most of the interior can be fixed by warranty. I think but thats just me. Thanks for the list though.

Reactions: P85_DA