Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #27 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed: Consolidation in LiDAR manufacturers; Volvo EX90 shipping with LiDAR; FSD Beta Full Release in N.A.; FSD detecting autopilot cheats, Gwen Shotwell directly overseeing SpaceX Starship; and more. You can watch it now on YouTube. We should have it published to podcast networks shortly.

Model X - delivery Date this Thursday - a couple of questions

So ordered January 2021 - last week my phone said September - October delivery. Monday - serial number present - scheduled delivery 8/18. It's been a long wait - trying to confirm a few things - get some input - because searching seems to produce confusing responses:
  1. Will my car have the ability to receive XM/satellite radio?
  2. Will there be a 220 V charging cable included ? (like when I bought my last Model X)
  3. I guess - there is not going to be a key fob - was told I could order one - but they seem to be out of stock - Is this just a temporary situation - or are they just not available?
  4. I was told my current key fob - for 2017 model X will not work with my 2022 Model X --- is that correct?
  5. I was told that my model X will come - with a trailer hitch and that the hitch itself - is not attached but it is included in a storage box. There is nothing else that I would have to buy - remove a rubber/plastic plate under back bumper and there is the "receiving " part of the hitch.
  6. I am reading mixed comments on the AC system - for the most part are folks satisfied with the Model X AC ?
  7. I have the 6 seater option - will there or will there not be a center console - between the two center row seats?
Looking for some input - feeling a little nervous - since I find it difficult to have someone reliable - at Tesla that I can call - and communicate with.....

DCGOO

Supporting Member
Nov 24, 2015
Indianapolis, IN
So ordered January 2021 - last week my phone said September - October delivery. Monday - serial number present - scheduled delivery 8/18. It's been a long wait - trying to confirm a few things - get some input - because searching seems to produce confusing responses:
  2. Will there be a 220 V charging cable included ? (like when I bought my last Model X)
  3. I guess - there is not going to be a key fob - was told I could order one - but they seem to be out of stock - Is this just a temporary situation - or are they just not available?
  4. I was told my current key fob - for 2017 model X will not work with my 2022 Model X --- is that correct?
  5. I was told that my model X will come - with a trailer hitch and that the hitch itself - is not attached but it is included in a storage box. There is nothing else that I would have to buy - remove a rubber/plastic plate under back bumper and there is the "receiving " part of the hitch.
  6. I am reading mixed comments on the AC system - for the most part are folks satisfied with the Model X AC ?
  7. I have the 6 seater option - will there or will there not be a center console - between the two center row seats?
Looking for some input - feeling a little nervous - since I find it difficult to have someone reliable - at Tesla that I can call - and communicate with.....
1. Yes. But there is no subscription to Sirius/XM.
2. No
3. No idea. In any event, you have to order a fob.
4. Correct. A fob for a legacy X will not work.
5. The hitch receiver is included, providing a 2 inch square hole. You have to purchase from a third party, whatever else is required.
6. A/C should be fine. Mine is.
7. AFAIK, there is nothing between the seats on a six passenger.

Reactions: jiehan
Please update with a response to the questions you posted. Am also interested as to if the new X has the LED adaptive headlights?

Prairie

Model X LR 2022 delivered after 453 days
Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2021
Nebraska
So, I finally got a VIN. After all the emotional ups and downs, it’s almost anticlimactic. Maybe that will change when I drive it away. At this point, Ithe delivery point has changed over 200 miles ( and I’m at least 400 -500 miles away from the original requested and only site to now a different one in another state. The automatic “person” has me living in the wrong state although my insurance etc. is correct. i asked questions via text msg but have no answers yet regarding where, when, and payment and inspection. When I first got delivery estimates I made arrangement with my driver on when and time we could both make this long drive within the given delivery window. one two days work. Tesla, don’t screw this up! I am losing faith and sleep.

Reactions: Hebert

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC